Saturday, April 30, 2022

"For Your Information"

"Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? because he saith, Whither I go, ye cannot come." (John 8:22 KJV)

  "But I am a worm and not a man. I am scorned and despised by all! Everyone who sees me mocks me. They sneer and shake their heads, saying, "Is this the one who relies on the LORD? Then let the LORD save him! If the LORD loves him so much, let the LORD rescue him!"" (Psalm 22:6-8 NLT)

 Yes, it is true, in a strange sort of way; He did talk about His death, and yes, He did lay down His life, and surrender Himself over to be killed! And nobody, absolutely no one, could ever in millions of millions of years, do what He was about to do! Only God was holy and worthy enough to sacrifice Himself for the sins of all of us! 

 So, if you wanted something special to write home about or tell your children, then speak to anyone that will listen, and show them what the LORD GOD has done, because it was only Him that could make it happen! And besides all of that, He could have saved Himself, if He had wanted to, that is the real kick in the story. All He had to do was speak the word, and it would have all been stopped.

 Wow, what kind of strength it takes to make yourself weak enough to take on such pain and agony, all for the sake of those that you love...

"My life is poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint. My heart is like wax, melting within me. My strength is dried up like sunbaked clay. My tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth. You have laid me in the dust and left me for dead. My enemies surround me like a pack of dogs; an evil gang closes in on me. They have pierced my hands and feet. I can count all my bones. My enemies stare at me and gloat. They divided my garments among themselves and throw dice for my clothing." (Psalm 22:14-18 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment