Monday, April 11, 2022

"Can I Get a Witness"

"And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst." (John 8:9 KJV) 

  "For you are not a true Jew just because you were born of Jewish parents or you have gone through the ceremony of circumcision. No, a true Jew is one whose heart is right with God. And true circumcision is not merely obeying the letter of the law; rather, it is a change of the heart produced by God's Spirit. And a person with a changed heart seeks praise from God, not from people." (Romans 2:28-29 NLT)

 You would be surprised by the number of times each day that I call out for God's forgiveness; little things will prick my heart, sparked by some sort of familiar sign, which will remind me of something that I said or did not say, did or should have done. I am pretty sure we are getting closer to the end; or maybe it's just me! 

 I can recall reading this portion of Scripture when I first got saved. The first thing I read, as I was instructed, was the Gospel of John; and why this stood out to me, I really can't remember, except that I wondered why the eldest left first, and the youngest left last. Maybe it was because of the verse, "But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first." (Matthew 19:30 KJV) 

 The most amazing thing that I have noticed, true Christianity is not based upon merit, as in what a person can do, or how long a person has been walking with the Lord; it is merely based upon a person being in Christ. With Him we are perfectly fine; without Him we are lost...

""That evening he told the foreman to call the workers in and pay them, beginning with the last workers first. When those hired at five o'clock were paid, each received a full day's wage. When those hired first came to get their pay, they assumed they would receive more. But they, too, were paid a day's wage. When they received their pay, they protested to the owner, 'Those people worked only one hour, and yet you've paid them just as much as you paid us who worked all day in the scorching heat.'

 "He answered one of them, 'Friend, I haven't been unfair! Didn't you agree to work all day for the usual wage? Take your money and go. I wanted to pay this last worker the same as you. Is it against the law for me to do what I want with my money? Should you be jealous because I am kind to others?'

 "So those who are last now will be first then, and those who are first will be last."" (Matthew 20:8-16 NLT)    

No comments:

Post a Comment