Wednesday, April 13, 2022

"The Ultimate Witness!"

 "When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?" (John 8:10 KJV)

 ""But as for you, Israel my servant, Jacob my chosen one, descended from Abraham my friend, I have called you back from the ends of the earth, saying, 'You are my servant.' For I have chosen you and will not throw you away. Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand."" (Isaiah 41:8-10 NLT) 

 Believe it or not, but there are many people among us that still haven't figured it out. We can try so hard to understand what it is that makes us free from sin, something that is absolutely up to God, His will and grace, freely given for all of those that are willing to accept it; but we still look for some sort of sign or acknowledgement that it has actually happened. 

 Martin Luther is a really good example of what I am trying to talk about, if you have tried to study his life. The portion of Romans, which many use to show our constant struggle with sin and the flesh, is where Paul says:

  "For I delight in the law of God after the inward: but I see another law in my members, warring against the law in my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I think God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin." (Romans 7:22-25 KJV) 

 There is proof! We seriously must embrace it and walk accordingly! We have help, if we will choose to obey and stop leaning on our own understanding, which is will and might, and the power we think we might have to overcome. None of that is going to work, because it is only by God's Spirit that we can overcome! 

 Something else, as mentioned by Matthew Henry, was the little phase, "When Jesus had lifted up himself," he mentioned King David, who had lifted up himself after the death of the child. The deed was done, there was no more pleading for forgiveness, because the death he had wanted to avoid had already happened. 

 Now, we must brush ourselves off, and walk in a new understanding of life: Eternal life in Christ Jesus, who paid the ultimate price! And He waits for us, arms wide open...

"Wherefor, seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God." (Hebrews 12:1-2 KJV) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment