Wednesday, April 27, 2022

"The Unbelieving People Warned"

  "Later Jesus said to them again, "I am going away. You will search for me but will die in your sin. You cannot come where I am going." 

 The people asked, "Is he planning to commit suicide? What does he mean, 'You cannot come where I am going'?"

 Jesus continued, "You are from below; I am from above. You belong to this world; I do not. That is why I said that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I AM who I claim to be, you will die in your sins." 

 "Who are you?" they demanded. Jesus replied, "The one I have always claimed to be. I have much to say about you and much to condemn, but I won't. For I say only what I have heard from the one who sent me, and he is completely truthful." But they didn't understand that he was talking about his Father.

 So Jesus said, "When you have lifted up the Son of Man on the cross, then you will understand that I AM he. I do nothing on my own but say only what the Father taught me. And the one who sent me is with me - he has not deserted me. For I always do what pleases him." Then many who heard him say these things believed in him." (John 8:21-30 NLT)

  "Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart: so shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man. Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." (Proverbs 3:3-6 KJV) 

 Believe it or not, but time is really not on our side, when it comes to doing our part. As a matter of fact, I seriously doubt that I can do enough to make up for everything that God has done for me! It sure is good to know that He does not require us to pay for that which is freely given! 

 Matthew Henry finishes his observation of that previous section saying: "To all God's purposes there is a time." Just because it has not happened yet, does not mean it will not happen! That goes for just about anything in this life, whether it is for us or for those who we earnestly pray for; just because it has not happened yet, does not mean it will not happen. 

 With that, I am really somewhat troubled by the things many of our fellow believer's don't really think are worth caring about, or think are they should even get involved in the conversation. Yes, we are not of the world, so there are certain things that we cannot and should not participate in or be part of; but standing up for the truth, protection of children, protecting our families, or the basic rule of law; these are things that must not be left for the ungodly and the evil people to have full control of. 

 I know, this is a touchy subject, that many feel we should not touch. It is because of that type of understanding that it has gotten as far as has, as quick as it has. Looking at the Scripture from Proverbs, Solomon is giving a simple instruction about the basic way we are to represent God. The way we are to represent God, is that we effect some sort of change in the world around us.

 The light we have in us, needs to shine...

"Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? It is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid." (Matthew 5:13-14 KJV)  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment