Monday, April 4, 2022

"God Speaks!" -Too

 "And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them." (John 8:2 KJV)

  "Whatever you do, do well. For when you go to the grave, there will be no work or planning or knowledge or wisdom." (Ecclesiastes 9:10 NLT) 

  Don't ask; it just so happens, it happens regardless of whether you are saved or lost: good things will happen to bad people, and bad things happen to the good people! It is what it is, because this world is cruel and broken! 

 That said, what a joy it is to know that there is something else, far better and more meaningful that is waiting on the other side of this! Without hope, as Solomon said, "Vanity of vanities, saith the Preacher; all is vanity." (Ecclesiastes 12:8 NLT) 

 Yesterday we were blessed to have Pastor Don share his testimony. As it was, I was reminded that God does not aways heal us, or someone we love, not because He wants to see us suffer, but because He wants us to be more in touch with Him, then we otherwise would be. That might seem like a strange statement or observation; but it all comes down to Him, not our needs and wants, but His perfect will for what purpose we will be used for, whether we are in a trial or a blessing, we must remain dependent upon Him for everything, including our breath of life! 

 Don used the loss of his eye as an example of that which God would not heal; comparing that to the others that have lost something, like John the Baptist, who lost his head. It was rather funny to see the illustration of what that looks like, as he complained to Peter about the loss of his eye, and then showed Peter asking John, 'John, what do you think of that?' Then John, holding his head, questions the comparison, saying, 'Not a big deal!' (My interpretation, no word for word.) 

 However, that was not the main event! The main message is one of importance to the details of what matters the most in our lives: Do we care more about saving ourselves in this life, or loosing this life and gaining eternal life with the Lord? 

 Don used the verse from Acts 20:24; which he shows was the verse that changed his life, his perspective on living, and his motivation to keep moving: "To never have been put to flight!" I felt as though God was speaking right into my soul! It was as if the skin was pealed off of me, and my soul was exposed to the open air; as crazy as that might sound. 

 Looking back over these last 18 plus years, although the ride has been up and down, with all sorts of emotions and much compassionate prayers, I can honestly say, "None of these things move me!" As many of you may or may not know, I have committed to, and said: I am going to keep doing what I promised my wife and my God that I would do, no matter what: Only death will pull us apart...

"But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God." (Acts 20:24 KJV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment