Tuesday, April 19, 2022

"The Partition"

"Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go." (John 8:14 KJV)

  "The Scriptures tell us, "The first man, Adam, became a living person." But the last Adam - that is, Christ - is a life-giving Spirit. What comes first is the natural body, then the spiritual body comes later. Adam, the first man, was made from the dust of the earth, while Christ, the second man, came from heaven. Earthly people are like the earthly man, and heavenly people are like the heavenly man. Just as we are now like the earthy man, we will someday be like the heavenly man." (1 Corinthians 15:45-49 NLT) 

 Now, I might not know all that I should, but this much I know: This is my temporary dwelling place, because I have a far better place waiting for me in Heaven! Oh, what a difference that makes in this life! No matter what this life here might throw upon me, it is all for not! Not even the thought of death can bother me, except for the thought of my wife being left alone and uncared for! 

 I hope you can partially see the great divide between those that don't know where they are going, and those that know exactly where they will be! And ours is just a little bit of faith: Jesus had a greater understanding, because He was going back from where He came! 

 I'm sorry for all of the exclamations, but this is a serious matter. We must be about knowing where we are going; our lives need to show that we have a greater hope within us, because the lives of those around us need to see the assurance that we have in Christ. Even when we mess up, which we will, we need to counter back with a greater assurance and the explanation for our mistaken insecurity.  

 Are we perfect? Far from it! But we are made perfect in Christ Jesus, therefore we have justification in Christ's finished work on that cross! His blood has washed away every sin, making us fit for Heaven; and because He rose and reins in Heaven, we shall do the same: Following Jesus is the goal; like a heal-catcher, there we will go...

"I once thought these things were valuable, but now I consider them worthless because of what Christ has done. Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all garbage, so that I could gain Christ and become one with him. I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ. For God's way of making us right with himself depends on faith. I want to know Christ and experience the mighty power that raised him from the dead. I want to suffer with him, sharing in his death, so that one way or another I will experience the resurrection from the dead!" (Philippians 3:7-11 NLT)  

No comments:

Post a Comment