Thursday, April 21, 2022

"Partiality" - x10

"Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man." (John 8:15 KJV)

  "But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."" (1 Samuel 16:7 NLT)

 You might not believe this, but I heard at least 3 messages yesterday the dealt with this subject, about how God doesn't care about what you have done, but only about that you love what He has done for you! We get so hung up on our failures and weaknesses, that we can find ourselves carrying those feeling into the relationship that should be experiencing with God. That causes to hide things from God, as if we think that might be possible, but we know in our heart, it surely is not! 

 Don't know if I have shared this before, put God has a special way to wake me up in the morning, usually quite a bit earlier than our appointed time: two knocks, usually just, Knock - Knock! It's almost as if He wants to share something or have me pay special attention to my wife, as she might need something or needs to be suctioned. 

 I really don't know why I shared that, but it is just something that I appreciate, as I feel it encourages me to pay attention to our relationship, regardless of how I might otherwise feel about myself. We must not ever feel as though God does not love us, because He is not capable of that! If you are His child, there is nothing that you can do to stop Him from loving you, because you belong to Him! 

 If you are reading this, and you don't think you are one of His, it is only because you have not asked Him to have you as His own! He is never partial or unwilling to receive you, just as you are! Which reminds me about Pastor Roberts message, how he said, Repent is not a bad word, but a wonderful word: because it means, "change the way you think about God". You change the way you think about God, and then He changes your heart! 

 God does not need to judge us, because we have already been judged; we were born a sinner, from our very first breath, we were born separated from our Hevenly Father. He does not need to condemn us, because we are already condemned! He wants to save you and has proven that by what He has done! 

 Another message I heard yesterday was about how the Pharisees always complained about how Jesus hung out with sinners. If we don't think that we need to be saved, then we have no real fellowship with the Lord...

"Later, as Jesus left the town, he saw a tax collector named Levi sitting at his tax collector's booth. "Follow me and be my disciple," Jesus said to him. So Levi got up, left everything, and followed him. Later, Levi held a banquet in his home with Jesus as the guest of honor. Many of Levi's fellow tax collectors and other guest also are with them. But the Pharisees and their teachers of religious law complained bitterly to Jesus' disciples, "Why do you eat and drink with such scum?" Jesus answered them, "Healthy people don't need a doctor - sick people do. I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners and need to repent."" (Luke 5:27-32 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment