Friday, April 15, 2022

"Jesus, the Light of the World"

 "Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, "I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life."

 The Pharisees replied, "You are making those claims about yourself! Such testimony is not valid." 

 Jesus told them, "These claims are valid even though I make them about myself. For I know where I came from and where I am going, but you don't know this about me. You judge me by human standards, but I do not judge anyone. And if I did, my judgment would be correct in every respect because I am not alone. The Father who sent me is with me. Your own law says that if two people agree about something, their witness is accepted as fact. I am one witness, and my Father who sent me is the other."

 "Where is your Father?" they asked.

 Jesus answered, "Since you don't know who I am, you don't know who my Father is. If you knew me, you would also know my Father." Jesus made these statements while he was teaching in the section of the Temple known as the Treasury. But he was not arrested because his time had not yet come." (John 8:12-20 NLT)

    "Praise the LORD, all you nations. Praise him, all you people of the earth. For he loves us with unfailing love; the LORD'S faithfulness endures forever. Paise the LORD!" (PSALM 117 NLT)

 Well, I could have gone on and on, but let's just say, Jesus proved who He was by what He said to the woman, because He forgave her of her sins! Not that this is all there is to it, because there is so much more that is beyond what we could ever know or think. John would not have made this part of his message, if he didn't think it was part of the Story! 

 Besides, this next portion of Scripture is about the big difference between two very important places, light and darkness! Once, I lived in darkness, having no clue who Jesus really is; but then, on that Sunday morning, September something, in 1981, I went from being in darkness, and into the Light! 

 What a difference that made, like two very different worlds...

""Look at my servant, whom I strengthen. He is my chosen one, who pleases me. I have put my Spirit upon him. He will bring justice to the nations. He will not shout or raise his voice in public. He will not crush the weakest reed or put out a flickering candle. He will bring justice to all who have been wronged. He will not falter or lose heart until justice prevails throughout the earth. Even distant lands beyond the sea will wait for his instruction."

 God, the LORD, created the heavens and stretched them out. He created the earth and everything in it. He gives breath to everyone, life to everyone who walks the earth. And it is he who says,

 "I, the LORD have called you to demonstrate my righteousness. I will take you by the hand and guard you, and I will give you to my people, Israel, as a symbol of my covenant with them. And you will be a light to guide nations. You will open the eyes of the blind. You will free captives from prison, releasing those who sit in dark dungeons. 

 "I am the LORD; that is my name! I will not give my glory to anyone else, nor share my praise with carved idols. Everything I prophesied has come true, and now I will prophesy again. I will tell you the future before it happens."" (Isaiah 42:1-9 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment