Saturday, April 16, 2022

"The Light of Life"

 "Then spake Jesus again unto them saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." (John 8:12 KJV)

  "I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me? I will fulfill my vows to you, O God, and will offer a sacrifice of thanks for your help. For you have rescued me from death; you have kept my feet from slipping. So now I can walk in your presence, O God, in your life-giving light." (Psalm 56:11-13 NLT) 

 For the people that wonder what keeps someone like me doing this, seeming endless blog, it is based a vow. Believe it or not, but there are such things that still exist in this world; although, many of them are based upon revenge, almost every sincere vow has some sort of passion behind it, in order to keep it alive. The vow that Daivd is speaking about is connected to the security he knows that he has in God.

 I can remember a simple message I heard, maybe back in the mid-eighties. It involved at traffic-cone, as the top part of the cone has a small hole, while the bottom part of it has a large hole. Wednesday night Pastor Bryan had us looking at the world, starting with our current situation, and then, bit by bit, thinking about the room, to the city, the state, and on and on; until we could look back and try and see ourselves in that vast universe. I felt like a speck!   

 It might be hard to understand, but we do not live for ourselves: we live for God! You might have heard the saying of JFK, "Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country." It was meant to motivate people to commit to the better good, or something in that regard. We have a God that loves us, so much so, that He gave the ultimate sacrifice, in order to be able to allow us to be in His presence! 

 Maybe that is not what you expected? Maybe you had some other reason in mind, that was more towards the streets of gold, light so bright we could be feel radiant, and an abondance of eternal care and tranquility? None of that is what is important; everything is for Him! 

 Surprisingly, not everyone is alright with that! 'Where is my share in all of this?' is what some might say. You know, since we are on that subject about share, let me share this little bit of information with anyone who cares to know: This life consumes us, whether you like it or not, living in this life takes and does not give back! Our best hope is for another life after this, seemingly endless blog, or should I say, dash! How about dot? Maybe you like speck?

 As for me, I just want to get home as soon as my work here is done; until then, I have a vow to fulfill...

"In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: who is the image if the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: for by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: and he is before all things, and by him all things consist: and he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have preeminence." (Colossians 1:15-18 KJV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment