Thursday, April 7, 2022

"Keen Observation"

"This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not." (John 8:6 KJV)

  ""The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is? But I, the LORD, search all hearts and examine secret motives. I give all people their due rewards, according to what their actions deserve."" (Jeremiah 17:9-10 NLT) 

 I had originally wanted to break this up into two segments, the first one being their motivation towards Jesus, the second being Jesus' response. But then I discovered why they needed to be connected, as if John had planned to link this together, in order to show us something special about how God works. 

 Usually, I don't share about results that I see from particular posts, high traffic, low traffic; none of that really moves me or makes me change anything that I might be doing and what I feel like speaking about. But the response from yesterday's post was one that made me wonder: What is it about loving, or lack thereof, that pushes people apart? 

 I seriously don't want to go there, because there are just too many complicated issues that harden hearts, but the simplest and shortest way to make this point, is to realize that we have a serious disadvantage to love as God loves! Try as we may, we are going to get frustrated by trying! Better yet, if we try too hard, we will end up hating ourselves in the process; even possibly hardening our hearts to God, thinking that He expects too much from us. 

 I would like to remind anyone that really cares: When God tells us to move something that is impossible for us to move on our own, He expects us to discover that we cannot do it on our own! Sure, we will get stronger, somewhat, to a certain extent; but it is actually our weakness that needs to be realized, because in our own strength, we can do nothing! 

 If that offends anyone, I am not sorry! Personally, if I think I can do anything, especially love others as I should, then I need to be aware of my mistaken identity. Strangely enough, we are earthen vessels, totally void of godliness, unless we are filled with God. 

 Anywho; back on the subject at hand. Deuteronomy 20:22 says, ""If a man is discovered committing adultery, both he and the woman must die. In this way, you will purge Israel of such evil."" Excuse me if I might be mistaken, but last I understood, it was Adam that sinned, Eve was deceived; meaning that the man is always judged more than the woman. 

 That might seem way too far to the right of center, but there is more to this than meets the eye...

"For God made Adam first, and afterward he made Eve. And it was not Adam who was deceived by Satan. The woman was deceived, and sin was the result." (1 Timothy 2:13-14 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment