Sunday, April 3, 2022

"God Speaks!"

"And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them." (John  8:2 KJV) 

  "Then Job replied to the LORD: "I know that you can do anything, and no one can stop you. You asked, 'Who is this that questions my wisdom with such ignorance?' It is I - and I was talking about things I knew nothing about, things far too wonderful for me. You said, 'Listen and I will speak! I have some questions for you, and you must answer them.' I had only heard about you before, but now I have seen you with my own eyes. I take back everything I said, and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance."" (Job 42:1-6 NLT) 

 So, if you have been in a situation where God does something that you did not expect, something that was completely unexpected, yet very entertaining; would it be okay to laugh? If you have some experience in giving your tithes or offerings in a tight situation, then you should know what it means to be a hilarious giver. You give laughingly, because you feel led to do what you have committed to give, even though you don't really know what happens after! What else can you do, but laugh! 

 Yesterday's message from Pastor John about Sarah's laughing at God, reminded me of the hilarious ways that God works things out, even when we least expect it! Is it really okay to laugh? Well, if you can't laugh, then what does it mean to have joy in the midst of persecution? How can you have a joyful heart in the midst of a storm, if you don't chuckle at the thought that God works all things out, and just enjoy the ride? 

 In case you might not have known, the name Isaac, means laughter; as Sarah might have laughed at God, concerning the thought of His claim that she would bear a child in her old age; but God laughed back, proclaiming it again, and saying it, not just with promise, but with certainty! "Can not God do all things?" Listen up and know, God can totally and absolutely do whatever He wants, whenever He wants! 

 I couldn't help but think about when Paul and Silas were beaten and thrown into prison; had they not been able to rejoice in their situation, then they would not have been so able to sing praises to God, letting all that heard, wonder with amazement at their joy. What was the result of their happiness? God spoke, shaking the earth, and opening the prison doors! 

 I might not know much about all that God is doing, but I do know that everything He does is for the best! We might not understand what and why, as it is really not our place to worry about every little detail of how He does or will do what needs to be done. We must, take the time to listen, obey what He tells us to do, and then enjoy the ride... 

"Are we beginning to praise ourselves again? Are we like others, who need to bring you letters of recommendation, or ask you to write such letters on our behalf? Surely not! The only letter of recommendation we need is you yourselves. Your lives are a letter written in our hearts; everyone can read it and recognize our good work among you. Clearly, you are a letter from Christ showing the result of our ministry among you. This "letter" is written not with pen and ink, but with the Spirit of the living God. It is carved not on tablets of stone, but on human hearts." (2 Corinthians 3:1-3 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment