Sunday, May 1, 2022

"To That Point!"

 "And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world." (John 8:23 KJV)

  "For I have told you often before, and I say it again with tears in my eyes, that there are many whose conduct shows they are really enemies of the cross of Christ. They are headed for destruction. Their god is their appetite, they brag about shameful things, and they think only about this life here on earth. But we are citizens of heaven where the Lord Jesus Christ lives. And we are eagerly waiting for him to return as our Savior. He will take our weak mortal bodies and change them into glorious bodies like his own, using the same power with which he will bring everything under his control." (Philippians 3:18-21 NLT)

 I am sorry for the mistake I made yesterday, saying, millions of millions of years, because I put a time period to something that will not ever happen again, EVER! Just so you know, Jesus absolutely finished all that He needed to do to save us; now He will return to change our mortal bodies into glorious bodies like His own! 

 If I appear to be overexcited about that, it is probably because I am getting pretty weary in this suit, and I am drawing more and more excited about the new one that I will receive, very soon! We must be more focused upon heaven than this earth. And with a heavy heart, I must admit, most days I start out that way, but dealing with current issues, I find it hard to remain that way all through the day. 

 Yesterday, I was thinking what my wife would say if she suddenly could understand and communicate about this current world that we are living in. What drastic changes have taken place, seemingly, in just a few short years. Who would have pictured the changes that have taken place? Yet, if this is not our true home, then why should we concern ourselves with the problems of this world? 

 Please excuse me for caring, but there are millions and millions of lives at stake here; many of which really do not have a chance to make a choice on their own! That said, I choose to believe that God is fair and will not condemn those that do not yet have that ability, due to the age of accountability. We can take some comfort in that! 

 Besides those things, we are only here for a very short time; we must be about our Father's business and do whatever part we have been given to do. Some of that, whatever part it might be, we really don't even know; but He is faithful to complete whatever it is, even without us knowing what to do, or how to do it...

"Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and a pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world. And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever." (1 John 2:15-17 NLT)  

No comments:

Post a Comment