Thursday, May 12, 2022

"The Election of Grace" - 2

 "As he spake these words, many believed on him." (John 8:30 KJV)

  "For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes - the Jew first and also the Gentile. This Good News tells us how God makes us right in his sight. This is accomplished from start to finish by faith. As the Scriptures say, "It is through faith that a righteous person has life."" (Romans 1:16-17 NLT)

 Today I get to take my wife on a little trip; and I so look forward to spending some time with her, without being concerned with work, the dog, or any other of the distractions that can get in the way of gaining her attention and letting her know that she is not alone. That was a question I was asked yesterday, as I was involved in a Zoom call with several Med-I-Cal nurses: "Do you think that your wife might feel lonely?" 

 Well, she does sigh quite often, but then again, so do I. I know that I sigh, not based upon feeling lonely, but more about being home-sick and looking forward to being home with Jesus! This is how the Bible ends! Waiting and anticipating, saying, "He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly: Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen." 

 You can call it anticipation and longing; both of which are near and far, making it very acceptable to sigh and pray for this journey to soon be over. That said, God has given us something that requires hope to be the vessel used, (if it is okay to say that), because the hope we have is the tangible part of this walk of faith. Without hope, what good is faith? 

 By the way, "these words," which John is sharing about, are the brick and mortar of what the Gospel is all about! God created heaven and earth by His Word! His Word is what changes the human heart and makes old things new! Matthew Henry says, "The words of Christ, and particularly his threatening words, are made effectual by the grace of God to bring in poor souls to believe in him." 

  As much as I want to take a little credit, the only real thing that I can credit towards my election, is the fear of not taking the action I did, when I did it! You have no idea what I am talking about, unless it is something that you have experienced also. But you know what it is, by the urgency in that moment; as you feel it deep in your heart, this might be my last opportunity to say, "Yes, I want to be saved!" 

 When you know that you need to be saved, then your choices get narrowed down to the only thing that can actually save you. It is no longer a choice of chance or something based upon your own abilities, because He shows you exactly what you need and what you must do! Believe He Saves You...

"This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! And all of this is a gift from God, who brought us back to himself through Christ. And God has given us this task of reconciling people to him. For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people's sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation. So we are Christ's ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, "Come back to God!" For God made Christ, who never sinned, to be the offering for our sin, so that we could be made right with God through Christ." (2 Corinthians 5:17-21 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment