Thursday, May 5, 2022

"Loving the Truth"

"I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him. (John 8:26 KJV) 

  "And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise." (Philippians 4:8 NLT)

 I know it might be hard, but we must be focused upon that which is true, not getting caught up in the stuff that creates tension and anger in our hearts. The truth really does not need to be defended, because the truth stands on its own, needing no defense. Those that hate the truth are the ones that need to speak the loudest, because that is the only way that they can try and win. 

 Jesus knew their hearts, so He really didn't need to call them out on all of their issues; He only needed to speak the truth, letting the truth convict them, with judgment being the final result. We need to remember who wins in the end, making His word alone the truth on which we stand. Everything else is just noise and distractions; things that cause us to get frustrated and annoyed. 

 But who am I to speak about such things, I seem to get tangled up in the noise all the time! Maybe it is because I am always listening to something. Whether at home or in my truck, there is always someone that is there for me to listen to; sometimes good, sometimes not so good! God is good all of the time...

"I will meditate on your majestic, glorious splendor and your wonderful miracles. Your awe-inspiring deeds will be on every tongue; I will proclaim your greatness. Everyone will share the story of your wonderful goodness; they will sing with joy about your righteousness. The LORD is merciful and compassionate, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love. The LORD is good to everyone. He showers compassion on all his creation." (Psalms 145:5-9 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment