Friday, May 27, 2022

"Seeking God" - 2

"But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham." (John 8:40 KJV) 

  "The wicked plot against the godly; they snarl at them in defiance. But the Lord just laughs, for he sees their day of judgment coming." (Psalm 37:12 NLT)

 Not to make light of this, but these Jews that Jesus is speaking to, they are actually doing exactly what they are meant to be doing. If anything, they are in just the right frame of mind, at just the right time, and doing just what they have been chosen for, without even knowing they are part of God's plan. 

 As much as I try to understand why, but God does use the wicked to work out His plans; they might not even know why they do what they do, but God turns into something they could hardly see coming. This is by far the most spectacular thing about God's ways; because in His ways, the things that just don't make sense, become things that make the biggest difference in changing the human heart.

 If you really want to get right down to it, God ultimately controls everything, in His own way! If that doesn't make you want to draw close to Him, it is only because you really don't want to be controlled; even if it means you can be blessed by His instructions.

 By the way, yesterday I heard this riddle: "What things are given out, yet 90% of which get thrown away, without ever being used?" I thought it was rather interesting to think about, I thought of things like faith, and joy and stuff that people totally must use before they even realize that they have been given it. 

 I think the bottom line of what I feel God is trying to say, is that we must seek after Him, and He will show up! That is what God wants from His children, to want to be near to Him, always waiting to receive instructions...

"I walked by the field of a lazy person, the vineyard of one with no common sense. I saw that it was overgrown with nettles. It was covered with weeds, and its walls were broken down. Then, as I looked and thought about it, I learned a lesson: A little extra sleep, a little extra slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest - then poverty will pounce on you like a bandit; scarcity will attack you like an armed robber." (Proverbs 24:30-34 NLT)  

No comments:

Post a Comment