Tuesday, May 24, 2022

"Who Do You Know" - Too

 "I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father." (John 8:38 KJV)

  "Then Jesus went from Galilee to the Jordan River to be baptized by John. But John tried to talk him out of it. "I am the one who needs to be baptized by you," he said, "so why are you coming to me?" But Jesus said, "It should be done, for we must carry out all that God requires." So John agreed to baptize him. After his baptism, as Jesus came up out of the water, the heavens were opened and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and settling on him. And a voice from heaven said, "This is my dearly loved Son, who brings me great joy." (Matthew 3:13-17 NLT) 

 Regardless of what you might think, my issues, whatever they are, are between me and the Lord; my real desire is to just be found ready and willing to be used of Him, in whatever He wills for my life. That said, if I feel the urgency to not do something that might disrupt my relationship, then I pray that God will take whatever it is out of my life, no matter how much I might enjoy it! 

 There are two very important messages here, and they both are connected by those things that we choose to do or not do. One of those important messages is that which is done towards God, which are those things which God requires. Everything that God requires of us, whatever, whenever, and however, it is always to be measured by His Word. If it does not line up with God's Word, then it is not what God requires of us, doing or not doing, there is no difference one way or another, it is still sin. 

 Some people are really hung up on the sin that might see in what others do, as if just doing something wrong is how people sin. When in the economy of God's Kingdom, it is a far greater sin, to not do that which is required of us, no matter what, if God requires us to do it, and we don't, then it is a sin for not having done it. 

 The other important message is that of what brings God great joy! What is it that we might have to offer, if anything that brings God great joy? Before you start thinking up some creative things that you might be able to do; think about the thing Jesus says, which may or may not be seem all that great, but if it is coming from you, it might be just what God requires! Open your mouth and share what God has done for you!  

 Okay, so maybe that doesn't float your boat. But if you really want to be changed, then you must start talking about the change you have already been given! Quit hoping for change and start living out the change in your life! My niece reminded me of that yesterday, as I was upset over some things that her kids were doing in my house. I told her, 'I keep trying to not get angry, but the harder I try, the easier it is to mess up.' She simply reminded me of the Pink Elephant! 

 Okay, so maybe now your boat is on the ocean floor. But this is about us bringing the Word of God to life in us, that we see Him, more than we see ourselves doing what we should not do! The Who in this is you! Who's are you? Who's do you want to be? Who's do you know that you are...

"Many of the people of Israel are now enemies of the Good News, and this benefits you Gentiles. Yet they are still the people he loves because he chose their ancestors Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. For God's gifts and his call can never be withdrawn. Once, you Gentiles were rebels against God, but when the people of Israel rebelled against him, God was merciful to you instead. Now they are all rebels, and God's mercy has come to you that they, too, will share in God's mercy. For God has imprisoned everyone in disobedience so he could have mercy on everyone. Oh, how great are God's riches and wisdom and knowledge! How impossible it is for us to understand his decisions and his ways! For who can know the LORD'S thoughts? Who knows enough to give him advice? And who has given him so much that he needs to pay it back? For everything comes from him and exists by his power and is intended for his glory. All glory to him forever! Aman." (Romans 11:28-36 NLT)  

No comments:

Post a Comment