Wednesday, May 4, 2022

"From The Beginning"

 "Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning." (John 8:25 KJV)

  ""Listen in silence before me, you lands beyond the sea. Bring your strongest arguments. Come now and speak. The court is ready for your case. "Who has stirred up this king from the east, rightly calling him to God's service? Who gives this man victory over many nations and permits him to trample their kings underfoot? With his sword, he reduces armies to dust. With his bow, he scatters them like chaff before the wind. He chases them away and goes on safely, though he is walking over unfamiliar ground. Who has done such mighty deeds, summoning each new generation from the beginning of time? It is I, the LORD, the First and the Last. I alone am he."" (Isaiah 41:1-4 NLT) 

 They scoffed, not really knowing who it was that they questioned, "Who art thou?", as if to say, 'Who do you think that you are?' I sometimes forget the power, the wonder-working power, that changes and controls everything! Seriously! It is not that it leaves my mind, because I always know it is there; but I forget to depend upon it, lean on it, bow down and summit to it, with all that is within me!

 How far back would you like to go? By the way, as I was sharing something yesterday, I was reminded about something spectacular and amazing about the human being that is being form with a mother's womb; in God's eye, that child is a person before it was even conceived in that womb. So, the simple question of the right to live, how far back does that go? 

 As many of us know, not everyone believes in our Creator! Much as the blob that crawled up out of the sea to somehow become you and me, they see that same blob inside the mother, as if it has no form, no rights, and no real soul. If only Marianne could get up out of that bed and do something, I am sure that she would be shouting from the top of the mountain: "It is a life!" 

 Anywho, I just can't help thinking about all of the stupid statements being made, as if anyone really knows what it might feel like to be torn apart, piece by piece. Back in the mid-eighties, there was a movie that came out, called, "Silent Scream". As I was listening to Rich Buler, who was speaking with a so-called expert on babies in the womb; as they spoke about the movie and the reactions that were shown from that child, as it was violated within that protected space. 

 As I heard her expert opinion on the reaction, I had to pull over to the side of the road, as I was feeling as if I was about to explode! I seriously yelled at my radio, saying, 'I would like to see what reflexes you might have, if your arms and legs were being torn from your body!' Sorry for that outburst, but it just hurts to think about the joy some people get from what they practice doing.

 All of that said, we must understand that Jesus was crucified on that cross for all sin, even that terrible sin of taking the life of an innocent child. He suffered a horrific death, to feel and taste our pain! But if you want to know who He was: He was, and is, and always will be, The Beginning of Life! And, just so you know, in case you have not heard, those little innocent lives are all with Jesus! So there...

"When I saw him, I fell at his feet as if I was dead. But he laid his right hand on me and said, "Don't be afraid! I am the First and the Last. I am the living one. I died, but look - I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and the grave."" (Revelation 1:17-18 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment