Sunday, May 15, 2022

"How Do You Know?"

 "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:32 KJV)

  "Tell me, my love, where are you leading your flock today? Where will you rest your sheep at noon? For why should I wander like a prostitute among your friends and their flocks?" (Song of Songs 1:7 NLT)

 Okay, so the picture might not come completely into focus, but that doesn't mean you give up trying to see what it is you are looking at or why you need to understand what it is! God has a way of making us understand, one way or another; He will never leave us in the dark! 

 If there is one thing that I have learned in the last 40 years, it is that God is Good! Even when I don't think that He hears me, which is often, He always cares what it is going on in my life, and He has a plan for me! Sometimes I don't understand the plan, nor do I much like the plan that I do understand; but if God is in charge, I really don't have anything to worry about! 

 So, that's my spew on what I think of things! You might have something different, more illustrative, or more spiritual; but whatever it is, I hope you come up with the same basic result: God is Good! No matter what this world might do to me, or how hard the ride might get, I really have absolutely nothing to worry about, because God is Good, so Good to me!

 That is the truth, and that truth, absolutely makes you free, indeed...

"But don't just listen to God's word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves. For if you listen to the word and don't obey, it is like glancing at you face in a mirror. You see yourself, walk away, and forget what you look like." (James 1:22-24 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment