Monday, May 9, 2022

"Always Present"

 "And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him." (John 8:29 KJV)

  "You who love the LORD, hate evil! He protects the lives of his godly people and recues them from the power of the wicked. Light shines on the godly, and joy on those whose hearts are right. May all who are godly rejoice in the LORD and praise his holy name!" (Psalm 97:10-12 NLT)

 Welcome to the day after yesterday! Besides being overwhelmed with discouragement, I am wanting to basically throw in the towel and close a chapter of my life. How do you do something that seems so important? Well, as much as it might seem important to me now, there has got to be something else which is far more important and matters to me more than just making a living. 

 Now that you know where I am at, this portion of Scripture today is about something I feel we are all familiar with, in one form or another: feeling as though we are all alone! Don't get discouraged, it is actually a common thing for just about every single one of us, from time to time; especially right after we have something exceptional and powerful happen within our lives. 

 Now what? That is basically the question, if you want to call it a question at all. Personally, I would rather call it a mark; much as the little piles of rocks left everywhere to mark something exceptional that God had done, a reminder of what had taken place. We seriously do not need anything else but God!

 I find myself so busy running in so many different directions, I don't hardly have time to take care of myself, let alone, to take a nice long walk with the Lord. I really need to get my priorities right, but it is really hard when you have so many people that are counting on you to continue what you do....

"Is there any encouragement from belonging to Christ? Any comfort from his love? Any fellowship together in the Spirit? Are your hearts tender and compassionate? Then make me truly happy by agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, loving one another, and working together with one mind and purpose. Don't be selfish; don't try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don't look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others too. You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had." (Philippians 2:1-5 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment