Tuesday, May 10, 2022

"Always Present" - 2

 "And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him." (John 8:29 KJV)

  "So take a new grip with your tired hands and strengthen your weak knees. Mark out a straight path for your feet so that those who are weak and lame will not fall but become strong." (Hebrews 12:12-13 NLT)

 Okay, so that was the cynical and self-centered side of this equation; as much as I think it has any effect, because I know from experience, God will not allow me to be stuck in that condition very long. He is much more present than I might think or know; as soon as I think that I am alone, He reminds me what it is like to have a loving Father who doesn't allow me to step too far away from where I belong. 

 Did you know, God's discipline is for making us stronger? I sometimes forget that, as I look forward to getting through something, when in reality, the something is meant to give me strength and endurance to fight for what I believe that God would have me to do. I might not be right all the time, but when it comes to serving others and loving as I should, if I deny myself and the desires of my heart, then I know that I am doing right in the moment.

 Anywho: that is my take, you can do with it what you want! I have a job to do, and it is as natural and pleasing as it could ever be! God has shown me that it is my responsibility; therefore, I must do what I must do, with passion and love. First and foremost, I must care for my wife! 

 No one else will care for her as I do, because no one else has the connection that we do! That might be unimportant to some, because there is this thing called self, with self being more important than the other self. But you cannot fail to take care of the other self, without damaging yourself! 

 Truth be told, I was looking for a break; a four-day period off to attend a wedding in another State. I was going to place my wife's care in the hands of others, as I felt it was time for me to relax and maybe be able to get a full night sleep. Who the heck do I think that I am kidding! 

 Please try and understand, because this is really important. Not everyone has the same chance to know what it feels like, because, caring for someone you love is by far the most important thing that you can do. God cares for us and loves us so much more than we could understand or know; we must cherish the chance to taste anything close to that kind of love...

"Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance." (1 Corinthians 13:4-7 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment