Monday, May 16, 2022

"How Do You Know?" - Too

 "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:32 KJV)

  "LORD, you are mine! I promise to obey your words! With all my heart I want your blessings. Be merciful as you promised. I pondered the direction of my life, and I turned to follow your laws. I will hurry, without delay, to obey your commands. Evil people try to drag me into sin, but I am firmly anchored to your instructions. I rise at midnight to thank you for your just regulations. I am a friend to anyone who fears you - anyone who obeys your commandments. O LORD, your unfailing love fills the earth; teach me your decrees." (Psalm 119:57-64 NLT)

 Without missing this up too badly, I want to start off by saying, 'All of the Above!' Yes, the stuff here in this Psalm, it is pretty much the list, or checklist for what I believe is the list of things to look for in the answer you need, if you are looking for answers! 

 How many times have I asked myself, 'Am I really saved?' Having so many mistakes and sinful desires, that cause my heart to wonder, 'Why are these things still in my life?' 'Why can't I quit doing things wrong?' 

 You go through the list, each and every one is a pillar of what it takes, the first of which, Is He your LORD? Well, that question is sometimes questioned, as Jesus said, "And why do you call me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?" (Luke 6:46 KJV) That alone should be a pretty obvious sign that you aren't really part of the Team? Right? 

 Truth be told, I am a failure! I can't love others like I should! I can't love God with everything that is in me! And I cannot keep myself from messing up! The harder I try, the worse I do at messing up! Which then takes me to that promise thing, which is like a landmine that I keep stepping on, again and again! 

 How am I doing so far? "With all my heart I want your blessings. Be merciful as you promised. I pondered the direction of my life, and I turned to follow your laws. I will hurry, without delay, to obey your commands." Got these pretty much in the bag! However, it is like that verse from "Safety Net," by Daniel Amos: "Shot like a bullet till Kingdom come."  

 We are dependent upon God's Spirit, to walk like God's children...  

"So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. And because you belong to him, the power of the lifegiving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death." (Romans 8:1-2 NLT)


No comments:

Post a Comment