Sunday, July 17, 2011

"The Living Standard"

(Disclaimer: sometimes I can get pretty far out there!) Now that you know what I am talking about, and can appreciate the possible outcome, there is one more glimpse that we must take into all the definitions of this mysterious word. I say mysterious for a reason; not that the word is a mystery, but that which it can represent. When we read in Hebrews 12:2, how that we are to look to Jesus, Who is the author and finisher of our faith, it is due in part to the fact that He holds all the practical components of what that faith must be based upon. All the way back to the beginning of time, and well past the very end, it is Jesus, Who, as the Living Standard, has not only been the declaration of God's love, but is the essence of His Love, that has been manifested unto us. To put it in terms that can be easily understood: God's Banner of His Love is His Son Jesus Christ; which is His Living Standard!!! And wait, hold the phone! The measurement of His love, if it could be measured, is also His Son! In fact, I do not think that any definition of the word 'standard' will not be able to be used as a sign which points to Jesus, and what He represents. Even the simplest definition, which I have not mentioned yet, can be looked upon as a sign of what our Lord and Saviour represents. For example: an upright support is also another definition for the word standard; simple, yes, but very necessary to the church... "At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge. Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion. And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto His heavenly kingdom: to Whom be the glory for ever and ever. Amen." (2 Timothy 4:16-18)

No comments:

Post a Comment