Tuesday, July 26, 2011

"Big Enough To Know Me"

The concept of a very big God can have the illusion that He can not be personal, or that He is too big to know us personally. Well, have you ever thought that? I know that I have; as I looked at this world and see so many complex issues, and so many people with far more important things surrounding them than I have going on in my life; or gaze up at the sky at night and see the vast magnitude of the stars, knowing that He created each and every one of them with the power of His Word; thinking, how can He know me? Yet, His word says that He is All Knowing, All Seeing, and All Caring; which tells me that His vastness is bigger than all that we can see, however, He still knows me! Sometimes it is hard to wrap my brain around that long enough to have it sink into my heart; which might be the issue that needs to be dealt with; you think? I went to see the movie Soul Surfer yesterday, and there was a part that really touched my heart, when she came to realize something very special that she had been given out of her trial. A reporter asked her, Would you still have gone surfing that day when you lost your arm, if you could do it over again? She replied, Yes, I wouldn't have it any other way; because I can wrap my arms around more people now with just one arm, then I ever could with two. That really spoke to my heart, because we all can be brought to a point where the love of God means more to us after we have had something severed from our life, than it did before, when our life was normal. For me, just thinking back to what I was prior to my wife's injury, and those things that I considered important; or better yet, those things that I did not think were that important, such as holding hands and walking along the beach; or just sharing in a conversation about the things that we love. Actually, I think that we can apply this same principle to our relationship with God, where we do not realize or appreciate those quite moments alone with Him; times when there are not signs and wonders that we are looking for, but just the stillness of His fellowship, as we relax in Him; knowing Him and accepting the fact that He knows us too. Our God is a very big God, but His love is even bigger: big enough to know each and every one of us... "The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is Mighty; He will save, He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing." (Zephaniah 3:17)

No comments:

Post a Comment