Wednesday, November 9, 2022

"This Is Now!"

 "Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:" (John 11:25 KJV) 

  "He died for everyone so that those who receive his new life will no longer live for themselves. Instead, they will live for Christ, who died and was raised for them. So we stop evaluating others from a human point of view. At one time we thought of Christ merely from a human point of view. How differently we know him now! This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!" (2 Corinthians 5:15-17 NLT)

 So that was fun, and seemingly what I expected! However it is that it looks, God is always several steps ahead of the devil, so there is always something that gets automatically corrected, just because it is going to fall into place. Someone digs a hole, but God has the remedy already waiting to fill that hole up! 

 Forty-one years or so ago, I was dead! I might not have realized that I was dead, because I lived and breathed the air in this world; but spiritually, I was 100% dead! Even though I had a soul, that soul was living within me, looking towards death, the kind of death that keeps on dying, forever and ever! 

 Not quite sure if we get the magnitude of what that represents, because it is so hard to imagine what it looks like. Though it might not seem real, having been set free from that death, I can tell you with great peace and joy, it is no longer a threat! 

 If you don't know what that means, it means that I now have life! Not just a life that is to come, but this new if is now! Right now, we can experience the eternal life, because we have it already, and there is no way anyone can take it away or try and disrupt it! Absolutely none!  

 Still not sure if we truly get the magnitude of what that means, because we cannot see it; but we sure can live in It, and It in us, by faith in Christ...

"So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you! Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God's will. Then you will receive all that he has promised. "For in just a little while, the Coming One will come and not delay. And my righteous ones will live by faith. But I will take no pleasure in anyone who turns away." But we are not like those who turn away from God to their own destruction. We are the faithful ones, whose souls will be saved." (Hebrews 10:35-39 NLT)  

No comments:

Post a Comment