Monday, November 14, 2022

"Run To Jesus!"

"As soon as she heard that, she arose quickly, and came unto him." (John 11:29 KJV)

  "LORD, you are mine! I promise to obey your words! With all of my heart I want your blessings. Be merciful as you promised. I pondered the direction of my life, and I turned to follow your laws. I will hurry, without delay, to obey your commands." (Psalm 119:57-60 NLT)

 Sometimes we forget the simple message about putting all of our trust in the Lord! You know, like the one: "Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding." (Proverbs 3:5 NLT) As I was thinking about this, I remembered something especially important to my own situation; as I have noticed that my focus lately has been what happens tomorrow, more than it has been on that which needs to happen today.

 If you know what I am talking about, it involves the issue of money! I was reminded of that yesterday, as Pastor Bryan mentioned something that I have previously been very passionate about, but as of late, I have been not living out what I know to be truth. The message was about, "The Economy of God!" 

 I simply just keep forgetting, God is my provider, I do not provide for myself! As soon as I start thinking that I have the power to control my own finances, (which is totally a joke,) I find out how little I contribute to anything, and how much I start worrying about everything! It's just that simple!

 If you focus upon that which might happen tomorrow, you will always be chasing tomorrow, but not be able to enjoy today! Count your blessings and live in today! Remember the commands of Jesus, as He spoke about those things which should matter the most, like: "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." (Matthew 6:21)

  If you want to focus upon tomorrow, make it about being with the Lord in heaven, but don't worry about the materials things in the world! And by all means, as soon as you come to your senses, don't walk, but run to Jesus...

"One night as I lay in bed, I yearned for my lover. I yearned for him, but he did not come. So I said to myself, "I will get up and roam the city, searching in all the streets and squares. I will search for the one I love." So I searched everywhere but did not find him. The watchmen stopped me as they made their rounds, and I asked, "Have you seen the one I love?" Then scarcely had I left them when I found my love! I caught and held him tightly, then brought him to my mother's house, into my mother's bed, where I had been conceived." (Song Of Songs 3:1-4 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment