Thursday, November 3, 2022

"To Be or Not to Be"

 "Then Martha, as soon as she heard that Jesus was coming, went and met him: but Mary sat still in the house." (John 11:20 KJV)

  "For I fully expect and hope that I will never be ashamed, but that I will continue to be bold for Christ, as I have been in the past. And I trust that my life will bring honor to Christ, whether I live or die. For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better. But if I live, I can do more fruitful work for Christ. So I really don't know which is better." (Philippians 1:20-22 NLT)

 Talk about something that seems rather strange, the current situations going on in the election results of Brazil, they might just be a test of upcoming situations here next week. But will anyone be allowed to talk about it? I guess we will know when it happens. 

 This is the thing I believe John is pointing out, as Martha, who is the type of person that does, making it a practice to always be busy doing this or that, has left the mourning party at the house, to meet the Lord as He was outside the city. She couldn't wait for Him to come to her, she had to be first to get to Him. 

 Mary, on the other hand, stayed where she was, taking in the current matter that was happening, not wanting to disrupt what was, to most people, a moment of respect and reverence for her brother. Which was pretty much her attitude when Jesus was in her home, she sat at His feet, giving all of her attention to Him, while Martha stayed busy entertaining and caring for all of the guest. 

 If you want to know my opinion, they are both in the right! There are those that pray and focus upon the spiritual aspects of ministry, and those that get things done, making things happen in the natural life of keeping the place for ministry to happen. There has to be both, those that do and make things happen, and those pray to keep things in order. 

 By the way, we need to pray! If you really care about anything happening around you, then it is your duty and obligation to pray for the situations and circumstances, that God's will be done, no matter what might happen! I know, there are some that say, 'How can we know what to pray?' Well, if you go to the Psalms, I think looking at several of them for clues, you will see that praying for justice, mercy, and all that is right, those are the things that we pray for; all that is wicked, ungodly, and wrong, those are the things that we pray against. 

 It really isn't that difficult to understand; it just takes a little of your time to understand why you must do it...

"For you have been given not only the privilege of trusting in Christ but also the privilege of suffering for him. We are in this struggle together. You have seen my struggle in the past, and you know that I am still in the midst of it. Is there and encouragement from belonging to Christ? Any comfort from his love? Any fellowship together in the Spirit? Are your hearts tender and compassionate? Then make me truly happy by agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, loving one another, and working together with one mind and purpose." (Philippians 1:29 - 2:2 NLT)  

No comments:

Post a Comment