Wednesday, November 30, 2022

"On This Account"

 "And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me." (John 11:42 KJV)

  "While Jesus was on earth, he offered prayers and pleadings, with a loud cry and tears, to the one who could rescue him from death. And God heard his prayers because of his deep reverence for God. Even though Jesus was God's Son, he learned obedience from the things he suffered. In this way, God qualified him as a perfect High Priest, and he became the source of eternal salvation for all those who obey him. And God designated him to be a High Priest in the order of Melchizedek." (Hebrews 5:7-10 NLT)

 I am sorry if I didn't go any further with that last verse, because I could have continued on for several more days. The whole meaning of the title, "A Breath Away," is mostly based on the fact that God can change us with a single breath, as He always does, as He always will do! Yes, it also had to do a little bit with our mortality, because we are always just one breath from death; but even then, we will be change in that very instant! 

 On that account, we must live this life with that wonderful understanding, that our lives are in God's hand! He decides when we go and how long we have on this earth, we are just the clay, He is the Potter that molds us and makes us, and He decides when and where we will go. Oh, I hope that didn't offend you, if you thought that you were the one that makes all the discissions? 

 Therefore, let me make myself clear about something I might have misrepresented in my curiosity. That which has past, is past; no matter how much we might regret anything we did or did not do, there is no going back to make things different or change those things which could have been or should have been done. 

 That said, God, who is that Master of the universe, can make things work out, amazingly, towards the good, even from that which seemed terribly wrong, He can make everything right! I could try to give you proof of that, in some form or fashion, but it's really not mine to elaborate on. If I were to try, I could be terribly wrong, because most of which is done, has not yet happened or been completed.

 I believe that I am a child of God; and as His child, I do not make the rules! If anything, I break the rules, hardly can keep the rules, and try very hard to make my own rules. But, because I am His Child, my rules don't count, they don't work, and they wind up making me a wreck; so wrecked, that I end up on my knees begging for Him to help me! 

 That's my story, and I will faithfully be sticking to it! Besides that, as long as we are faithfully counting on Him to see us through to the other side, no matter what might happen or how high the waves might get, we are going to safely at the other side, sooner or later. I expect to see quite a few of those I love there with me! 

 Other than that, there is really not much more to share about this verse, because Jesus makes it all pretty much plain and simple. He is speaking out load to the Father, making those around Him know, that the Father hears Him and has sent Him. Some still won't get the message...

"There is so much more we would like to say about this, but it is difficult to explain, especially since you are spiritually dull and don't seem to listen. You have been believers so long now that you ought to be teaching others. Instead, you need someone to teach you again the basic things about God's word. You are like babies who need milk and cannot eat solid food. For someone who lives on milk is still an infant and doesn't know how to do what is right. Solid food is for those who are mature, who through training have the skill to recognize the difference between right and wrong." (Hebrews 5:11-14 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment