Monday, November 7, 2022

"Let It Be Known"

 "Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again." (11:23 KJV)

  "Now then, you kings, act wisely! Be warned, you rulers of the earth! Serve the LORD with reverent fear, and rejoice with trembling. Submit to God's royal son, or he will become angry, and you will be destroyed in the midst of all your activities - for his anger flares up in an instant. But what joy for all who take refuge in him!" (Psalm 2:10-12 NLT)

 Looking out to space, I can only imagine what God might have been thinking when He made that incredible vastness. There are more and more people that are certain there are others out there; mostly because the vastness goes on and on, there just must be more than just this little blue dot; otherwise, that's a huge amount of wasted space! 

 Tomorrow is a pretty important day, whether you care about it or not, your life will be influenced by it, in one way or another. Really, it doesn't matter where you live on this rock, what happens tomorrow is going to be important and meaningful to this entire planet. But, whatever happens, "God's will be done," needs to be the voice of the church! 

 Interesting enough, there is going to be a blood moon tomorrow, if that makes and difference to anyone that might be paying attention. I believe that God is wanting His people to make up their minds on who or what they are going to worship! Paul tells us in Romans, we become what we worship, which, if you really stop and think about what that implies, worshipping those things which are of this world, makes us become worldly! 

 You do know, Lazarus would only be raised up to die again, right? I was thinking about something yesterday, God's promise that we would enter His rest. As I thought about it, it dawned on me that His rest might actually mean something that is outside of this present world. 

 It doesn't matter who you are, how much money you might have, or how healthy you are, as long as you are here on this spinning rock, you really do not rest...

"But as I looked at everything I had worked so hard to accomplish, it was all so meaningless - like chasing the wind. There was nothing really worthwhile anywhere. So I decided to compare wisdom with foolishness and madness (for who can do this better than I, the king?). I thought, "Wisdom is better than foolishness, just as light is better than darkness. For the wise can see where they are going, but fools walk in the dark." Yet I saw that the wise and the foolish share the same fate. Both will die. So I said to myself, "Since I will end up the same as the fool, what's the value of all my wisdom? This is all so meaningless!" For the wise and the foolish both die. The wise will not be remembered any longer than the fool. In the days to come, both will be forgotten. So I came to hate life because everything done here under the sun is so troubling. Everything is meaningless - like chasing the wind." (Ecclesiastes 2:11-17 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment