Tuesday, November 22, 2022

"O' How He Loves Us"

 "Then said the Jews, Behold how he loved him!" (John 11:36 KJV)

  "But it was the LORD'S good plan to crush him and cause him grief. Yet when his life is made an offering for sin, he will have many descendants. He will enjoy a long life, and the LORD'S good plan will prosper in his hands. When he sees all that is accomplished by his anguish, he will be satisfied. And because of his experience, my righteous servant will make it possible for many to be counted righteous, for he will bear all their sins. I will give him the honors of a victorious soldier, because he exposed himself to death. He was counted among the rebels. He bore the sins of many and interceded for rebels." (Isaiah 53:10-12 NLT)

 I could have gone on and on, having bearing scratched the surface of the reasons for Jesus to weep, most of which, would be the separation from the Father, as He would bare all our sins! Isn't it a little ironic how the Jews are always speaking about things which should pertain to them? Does it remind you of anyone else? 

 Growing up, I considered myself a rebel. As a matter of fact, I classified myself as one that was going to hell, and it almost became a badge to be worn, as if it were an honor to be part of the rebellion. If I had only known what I know now, what a fool it was to ignore the love being offered me, again and again! 

 Thankfully, God did not give up on me! Jesus said, "For many are called, but few are chosen." (Matthew 22:14) I heard the other day, someone said, "It has been said, God will call someone seven times, and then their chances are all used up." Well, I don't think I agree with that, because I think it might sometimes be, "Seventy times Seven!" 

 Sometimes the ones who have been chosen are some of the biggest wrecks...

"Dear brothers and sisters, I want you to understand that the gospel message I preach to you is not based on mere human reasoning. I received my message from no human source, and no one taught me. Instead, I received it by direct revelation from Jesus Christ. You know what I was like when I followed the Jewish religion - how I violently persecuted God's church. I did my best to destroy it. I was far ahead of my fellow Jews in my zeal for the traditions of my ancestors. But even before I was born, God chose me and called me by his marvelous grace. Then it pleased him to reveal his Son to me so that I would proclaim the Good News about Jesus to the Gentiles. When this happened, I did not rush out to consult with any human being." (Galatians 1:11-16 NLT)     

No comments:

Post a Comment