Saturday, November 12, 2022

"Believest Thou This?"

"She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world?" (John 11:27 KJV)

  "We know that we are children of God and that the world around us is under the control of the evil one. And we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us understanding so that we can know the true God. And now we live in fellowship with the true God because we live in fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ. He is the only true God, and he is eternal life." (1 John 5:19-20 NLT)

 So, when I went to sleep last night, I thought I had conjured up a real catchy title, "You Don't Know Me", which floated around inside my head, as I kept repeating it in verse, as I remembered the song. Then, as I was preparing to start this blog, I decided to read Matthew Henry's comments on this verse, which caused me to change my mind. 

 As a Christian, I believe that the most important thing for us to get right, is Jesus Christ! If we do not have Jesus right, we don't understand most of what we believe! Seriously, this is a pretty big issue! I think most of the problems with a lot of churches today, isn't just teaching the Word, but putting the Word forth in flesh and blood, by focusing on the Christ, the Son of God, which came into the world! 

 I'm sorry, but the fact that God, the Creator of heaven and earth, would step down into the world He created, in the form of a baby, no less, and have Himself nailed upon a cross, in order to save the men and women He created, that is not only incredible, it is the God that loves us! We can complain about this world, with all of the injustice and wickedness all we want; but none of that compares to what God did to save us from our sins! 

 I heard someone call in yesterday, to T.E.M.A., who was drastically upset with God, as if it was God who was responsible for all of the abortions and sickness going on in this world. There was a part of me that wanted to complain as well, and maybe I already have; but there was another part of me that felt like I wanted to put my hand over that man's mouth, and then show him the cross! 

 When Jesus told His disciples about what was going to happen, I seriously don't think they got the illustration right in their minds. He clearly said, He would be betrayed, arrested, spit upon, whipped, and then put to death; but either they didn't listen, or all they heard was that He would rise again on the third day, making everything else okay. 

 If you have an issue with something that is going on in this world, then you need to pray! Don't start complaining to people about other people; and surely don't complain about God to anyone, especially on a public radio station! If you have a problem with the way God is doing anything, the take your issue to God, let Him show you what's up! 

 I feel as though I really don't have the right to say anything, because I complain as much as anyone else. But I don't blame anything on God! He takes bad and makes it good; He turns ashes into beautiful flowers; He turns dead people into living saints! He is always good! 

 There is really only one thing we should be focused upon, if we have some sort on complaint: "Come Lord Jesus, Come!" Soon and very soon, we are going to see the KING...

"Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again - rejoice! Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon. Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:4-7 NLT)  

No comments:

Post a Comment