Wednesday, November 23, 2022

"Some, Still Say!"

"And some of them said, Could not this man, which opened the eyes of the blind, have caused that even this man should not have died?" (John 11:37 KJV)

  "They forgot what he had done - the great wonders he had shown them, the miracles he did for their ancestors on the plain of Zoan in the land of Egypt. For he divided the sea and led them through, making the water stand up like walls! In the daytime he led them by a cloud, and all night by a pillar of fire. He split open the rocks in the wilderness to give them water, as from a gushing spring. He made steams pour from the rock, making the waters flow down like a river! Yet they kept on sinning against him, rebelling against the Most High in the desert. The stubbornly tested God in their hearts, demanding the foods they craved. They even spoke against God himself, saying, "God can't give us food in the wilderness. Yes, he can strike a rock so water gushes out, but he can't give his people bread and meat."" (Psalm 78:11-20 NLT)

 I am sometimes very excited when there seems no way, because I know that God makes a way! Then again, I have days, maybe weeks, where I see no way, believing that there is just no way anything can be done! (Jesus, please increase my faith!) 

 To be perfectly honest, the ways of God have no comparison to our ways! We plot things out in our minds, thinking how God should do this or that, and then when things don't happen the way that we had hoped, we become discouraged with God. Is He LORD? Because sometimes we act as though He should answer to us, not that we are the ones who answer to Him! 

 Pardon me if I seem a little upset, because I am mostly speaking about myself, as I am constantly waiting for something to happen, that is just not happening the way I would like! But don't let my little issue turn your hearts, because even though it is an issue, it does not change how I feel!

 I am so blessed! Yes, my prayers aren't always answered the way I would like, but God never stops showing me the error of my ways, because His ways are always better! We really can't see the end, so we don't really know what we should pray for; but God knows all things, and when things turn out different then we would like, He has a reason, and we need to be able to adjust our way of thinking! 

 There sure are a lot of exclamations today! There must be something stirring in my heart. Either that, or I just need to be thankful and think about all the blessings He has done...

"And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Keep putting into practice all you have learned and received from me - everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you. How I praise the Lord that you are concerned about me again. I know you have always been concerned for me, but you didn't have a chance to help me. Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. For I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength." (Philippians 4:8-13 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment