Sunday, November 6, 2022

"Hold That Thought!"

 "But I know, that even now, whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give it thee." (John 11:22 KJV)

  "Why are the nations so angry? Why do they waste their time with futile plans? Thing kings of the earth prepare for battle; the rulers plot together against the LORD and against his anointed one. "Let us break their chains," they cry, "and free ourselves from slavery to God." But the one who rules in heaven laughs. The LORD scoffs at them, terrifying them with his fierce fury. For the LORD declares, "I have placed my chosen king on the throne in Jerusalem, on my holy mountain." The king proclaims the LORD'S decree: "The LORD said to me, 'You are my son. Today I have become your Father. Only ask, and I will give you the nations as your inheritance, the whole earth as your possession. You will break them with an iron rod and smash them like clay pots.'"" (Psalms 2:1-9 NLT)

 Oddly enough, this is a familiar and heart-felt thing I remember so intently; to realize that what I prayed for to happen, will most likely not happen, but nonetheless, God will make somethings else happen, as I prepare my heart for whatever it is that God is going to do! Not sure what was on her mind, but within her heart, she was still trusting the God would do whatever Jesus asked of Him. 

 As we shall see, bringing Lazarus back to life was not the thing that she thought about, when she said, "whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give it thee." Isn't that how we approach God when we are out of options, and we feel that all is lost? We really don't know what we should ask for, because there seems to be no solution to fix whatever it is that has happened. 

 Basically, we just throw up our hands and surrender! Maybe she thought, since he is gone and won't come back, maybe Jesus can ask that she go to visit him? I can see that happening, as it would be my thought, if suddenly my wife should be taken from me. I long for the day that I can see her whole again, and I have pretty much settled on heaven being that day! 

 Anywho; this is by far the most important point that Martha has made, because it is pretty clear that she believes in Jesus with all her heart, and she knows in her heart that He has connections with God! This is something I feel is overlooked in many areas within the church, that the Holy Scriptures really do have a connection with God! 

 I have heard the Bible called, "The Good Book," which is good, but it has so much more within the pages, within the written word, that makes us fall in love with the God who loves us! It is His Book, written through men of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit, and filled to the brim with Jesus Christ! I doubt that you can find a single page in the Bible that does not have at least one reference to Christ or the power of His salvation.

 This is 100% all about Christ Jesus and His identity and power, every bit! As I have mentioned before, John starts this Gospel message with eighteen verses that are showing us who he is writing about and why His coming was so spectacular and profound; because, as per Revelation 1:8, He is, was, and is still to come; He always will be God...

"Long ago God spoke many times and in many ways to our ancestors through the prophets. And now in these final days, he has spoken to us through his Son. God promised everything to the Son as an inheritance, and through the Son he created the universe. The Son radiates God's own glory and expresses the very character of God, and he sustains everything by the mighty power of his command. When he had cleansed us from our sins, he sat down in the place of honor at the right hand of the majestic God in heaven." (Hebrews 1:1-3 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment