Wednesday, November 2, 2022

"A Little Wake"

 "And many of the Jews came to Martha and Mary, to comfort them concerning their brother." (John 11:19 KJV)

  "Better to spend your time at funerals than at parties. After all, everyone dies - so the living should take this to heart." (Ecclesiastes 7:2 NLT)

 Any time I think about this, I tend to think about my wish for my funeral service, which my wife and I would joke about, from time to time. My wife never really wanted me to buy a motorcycle, even though I had my sights set upon a Fat Boy for about four years or so. One day I came into my office, and there was a miniature Fat Boy on my desk, almost identical to the one I wanted. 

 As for my wish, since I couldn't have one while I was alive, I wanted to be placed on one at my funeral. The way my dream went, I would be on the bike behind a curtain, and after everyone had been seated, the curtain would roll back, and there I would be, proudly sitting on the bike of my dreams. 

 Anywho; this is really not something we should make fun of, because death is something serious and is a major disturbance in many people's lives. You think everything is fine, and then someone dies! All of the sudden you feel as though the air has been sucked out of your life. 

 Isn't it strange, how you don't even really care so much about someone, whether that is a brother-in-law or cousin, or even a friend of a friend, and when they die, you feel as though there is a hole in part of your life. It's almost as if there was something you missed out on, and now you will never have that chance again. 

 Not sure if anyone is paying attention, but there are chances all around us to spread hope! That is the most important thing about saying goodbye to someone that has passed, the hope that one day you will see them again! So, make sure you do everything you can to make it happen!

 I know it isn't up to us, but, then again, it is! You have something inside of you, and you somehow need to make them aware why it is there. Sometimes it is you! You're the one they want to listen to, because they see the hope within you; so, tell them why you have hope...

"Now, who will want to harm you if you are eager to do good? But even if you suffer for doing what is right, God will reward you for it. So don't worry or be afraid of their threats. Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it." (1 Peter 3:13-15 NLT) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment