Sunday, November 20, 2022

"Hide N Seek"

 "And said, Where have ye laid him? They said unto him, Lord, come and see." (John 11:34 KJV) 

  "When the cool evening breezes were blowing, and man and his wife heard the LORD God walking about in the garden. So they hid from the LORD God among the trees. Then the LORD God called out to the man, "Where are you?" He replied, "I heard you walking in the garden, so I hid. I was afraid because I was naked." "Who told you that you were naked?" the LORD God asked. "Have you eaten from the tree whose fruit I commanded you not to eat?"" (Genesis 3:8-12 NLT)

 Some mornings are just pure fun! You have got to understand something about this verse, besides the fact that John makes it part of the message, it is here because Jesus needed to act as if He did not know where Lazarus was, not because He did not know, because He most certainly did! 

 Another thing you need to know, if you haven't heard this already: The LORD God who walked in the garden, in the cool evening breezes, was none-other-than Jesus, the Son of God! I know, it is something that is hard to prove, but is it? If you stop and think about it, no one has seen God, but yet, Jesus has been seen, throughout all of the generations, He has made Himself visible, in one form or another. 

 Anywho, this isn't really about a test of proving anything about the garden, because God knew full well where Adam was and what he had done, He only asked him where and what for him to answer! The real answer God was looking for, was not where Adam was, or even what he had done; but that Adam's reply would be one of confession and remorse, a little act of pleading for mercy, would have been nice! 

 Matthew Henry points out, that Jesus may have asked where Lazars was laid, to show Himself a man, and to also not give them the chance to think it was all just an act, that Lazarus was hiding in the cave, waiting for Jesus to call him out. Had Jesus just walked right up to the place he had been laid, the Jews would have thought it was all staged to show Jesus off. 

 Jesus never needed to show off who He was; He knew full well who He was, and He hid it pretty well! He knows what people think! Don't you think He knows where they hide! You can't hide from God! There is nothing that we do, that He doesn't know we have done! You want to know something else?

 Believe it or not, there is nothing you can do, that He already did not know that you would do...

""Listen to me, descendants of Jacob, all you who remain in Israel. I have cared for you since you were born. Yes, I carried you before you were born. I will be your God throughout your lifetime - until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you. 

 "To whom will you compare me? Who is my equal? Some people pour out their silver and gold and hire a craftsman to make a god from it. Then they bow down and worship it! They carry it around on their shoulders, and when they set it down, it stays there. It can't even move! And when someone prays to it, there is no answer. It can't rescue anyone from trouble. 

 "Do not forget this! Keep it in mind! Remember this, you guilty ones. Remember the things I have done in the past. For I alone am God! I am God, and there is none like me. Only I can tell you the future before it even happens. Everything I plan will come to pass, for I do whatever I wish. I will call a swift bird of prey from the east - a leader from a distant land to come and do my bidding. I have said what I will do, and I will do it. 

 "Listen to me, you stubborn people who are so far from doing right. For I am ready to set things right, not in the distant future, but right now! I am ready to save Jerusalem and show my glory to Israel!"" (Isaiah 46:3-13 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment