Thursday, December 1, 2022

"Come Forth!"

 "And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth." (John 11:43 KJV)

  "Don't team up with those who are unbelievers. How can righteousness be a partner with wickedness? How can light live with darkness? What harmony can there be between Christ and the devil? How can a believer be a partner with an unbeliever? And what union can there be between God's temple and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God said: "I will live in them and walk among them. I will be their God, and they will be my people. Therefore, come out from among unbelievers, and separate yourselves from them, says the LORD. Don't touch their filthy things, and I will welcome you. And I will be your Father, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the LORD Almighty."" (2 Corinthians 6:14-18 NLT)

 It might seem strange, but it fits the current situation. Yesterday morning I received a text with an announcement for a Memorial Service next week for a friend. I really haven't been in touch with him for quite some time, but when I received the notice, it felt as though it was just yesterday when I had seen him last. 

 Secondly, I also received a phone call from someone I haven't seen or spoken to in over 25 years. It is rather weird, because both him and the brother that passed away, they have absolutely no association with each other, except through me. One was a brother in the Lord, the other was a friend that I had gotten into bike riding, during the 80's; and I still considered him to be a brother. 

 I have no idea what condition by bike riding friend is currently in, but I shall soon find out. My other friend, the one who passed, I am absolutely certain that he is currently with the Lord! These types of little surprises can really cause us to take a good look at ourselves and how we might be attached to the world around us. 

 Does my life reflect Jesus, or myself? If we really want to separate from the world, then we really most stop loving worldly things, like those things we absolutely know that God wants us to come out from, and to leave them alone. My biggest like is movies, comedies mostly, but if it is a good movie, even a thriller, like the movie, "A Quite Place," will be acceptable to watch. 

 Recently I have noticed something about a lot of the new releases, they freely express alternative lifestyles and they really don't consider that using God's name in vain is profanity. Maybe it is time to just stick to Christian movies only, and leave all the others behind. 

 Other than that, I have recently lost the pleasure of having a good cigar. Not that there is really anything that might be wrong with that, except for the fact that it might stubble someone else who thinks that it shouldn't be done. Probably one more thing I need to step away from, at least make it something that is rarely done.

 Anywho, this might be strange and unattached from this current verse, this verse concerning the dead man coming back to life, but then again, these words, "come forth," are a little strange and unattached, as if Jesus is calling out Lazarus to separate himself from death! 

 Here is a thought, just a little bit of a suggestion: If it feels strange, don't do it! If the place you are in feels strange, get away from it! If what you are looking at is strange, turn your face and look away! If whatever you do, does not agree with the Spirit of God that is in you, then don't be part of it! 

 Wow, that was pretty strange...

""However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angel's in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows. And since you don't know when that time will come, be on guard! Stay alert! "The coming of the Son of Man can be illustrated by the story of a man going on a long trip. When he left home, he gave each of his slaves instructions about the work they were to do, and he told the gatekeeper to watch for his return. You, too must keep watch! For you don't know when the master of the household will return - in the evening, at midnight, before dawn, or at daybreak. Don't let him find you sleeping when he arrives without warning. I say to you what I say to everyone: Watch for him!"" (Mark 13:32-37 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment