Wednesday, December 14, 2022

"The Children of God"

 "And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad." (John 11:52 KJV)

  ""Once you had no identity as a people; now you are God's people. Once you received no mercy; now you have received God's mercy."" (1 Peter 2:10 NLT)

 It sure feels good to be a part of something that actually has a future and a hope! Regardless of what might happen here, on this earth, we that are God's children have something better that is made for us, on the other side of this life. Thank you, Jesus! 

 Something that we need to think about, often, as often as we can! The more we can remember to set our eyes on the prize, the easier it is to get through all of the trials and tribulations of this life. Amazingly, it is just that simple! Sometimes I might not think that it is, but that might be because I have hardened my heart against the thought of it, because I have chosen instead to care more about this life.

 Just being honest, because it happens more frequently than I care to admit. I can be in such a wonderful place, feeling as though I have it all together and that there is nothing that is going to upset me; and then, bang! Just like that, I am mad because someone has cut me off in traffic, or someone has trespassed on my feeling or my rights. 

 To be perfectly clear, it is a real thing that too many of us, the children of God, deal with and need to get it under control! Just saying that because I see myself being out of control more often that I care to admit. If I think I have the ability to be a peaceful and caring person, somehow, that ugly and selfish person comes to life. 

 Anywho, we deal with this world, but we should not let the world affect us, even though it always seems to affect us anyway, in one way or another. By the way: if you really want to know what is best, then think about what is best! We are not under the law, but under grace. So why put into practice the craft of considering what not to do, instead, we should be focused upon what to do. 

 We, as God's children, have a better purpose then that of trying not to do that which wrong, because the Holy Spirit within us wants us to do all that is right! So be good, for goodness' sake...

"Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. Human anger does not produce the righteousness God desires. So get rid of all the filth and evil in your lives, and humbly accept the word God has planted in your hearts, for it has the power to save your souls." (James 1:19-21 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment