Friday, December 23, 2022

"Make Ready!"

 "There they made him a supper; and Martha served: but Lazarus was one of them that sat at the table with him." (John 12:2 KJV)

  "Listen! It's the voice of someone shouting, "Clear the way through the wilderness for the LORD! Make a straight highway through the wasteland for our God! Fill in the valleys, and level the mountains and hills. Straighten the curves, and smooth out the rough places. Then the glory of the LORD will be revealed, and all the people will see it together. The LORD has spoken!"" (Isaiah 40:3-5 NLT)

 Anything else you would like to talk about, other than this? Jesus is in the house! I know, it's not really the ideal Christmas subject, but it should be the real subject on the hearts and minds of all those that believe in Him, and the testimony of everything that He is about! 

 There is something here that I feel I am missing, and I just can't put my finger on it, quite yet. Have you ever had that experience, where you think you have something the God is trying to show you, but there is a part of it that you quite don't clearly see. 

 One night I was staying at a friend's house, as we were all going down to Modesto in the morning for a Calvary Chapel Men's Conference. As I laid in bed, I was meditating on the Psalm I would share about in the morning, and then, I had this vision of an ax-head floating up out of the water.

 I quickly grabbed a cigar, went downstairs, asking Tim as I was headed out the door for a walk, "Hey brother, why did Elisha make that ax-head float?" Tim, who was working on his Sunday message, replied, "To make the ax-head float!" "Okay," I said, "I am going for a walk. Please leave the door unlocked." 

 If you read my message, as weird as it might have been, that Saturday's post was geared towards something totally different from that which God was really showing me. As I sat through the conference all Saturday, by the end of the day, I saw something totally and completely different.

 That said, it was the first message, based mostly on humility and forgiveness, that opened the door to the second message, which was based entirely on the saving power of Jesus Christ, and the freedom involved in receiving that wonderful Gift! Just reach out and grab it! (2 Kings 6:1-7) 

 Something here to see, but there may be some things that are in the way...

"Jesus told him, "Stand up, pick up your mat, and walk!"" (John 5:8 NLT)  

No comments:

Post a Comment