Thursday, December 8, 2022

"What Do We?"

"Then gathered the chief priests and the Pharisees a council, and said, What do we? for this man doeth many miracles." (John 11:47 KJV) 

  "Why are the nations so angry? Why do they waste their time with futile plans? The kings of the earth prepare for battle; the rulers plot together against the LORD and against his anointed one. "Let us break their chains," they cry, "and free ourselves from slavery of God." But the one who rules in heaven laughs. The Lord scoffs at them." (Psalm 2:1-4 NLT)

 Very interesting, but didn't anyone of these spiritual leaders think to pray? I think I know why, having remembered when my wife and I would fight. It was my duty and responsibility to call us to prayer, but did that always happen? No! Maybe once or twice, as I can recall; but for the most part, it really wasn't part of the argument, so I didn't make it part of the conversation.  

 I really do miss those arguments! At least back then, my wife was able to speak! In my heart of hearts, I would do anything to have a chance to engage in another argument with her; because knowing what I know now, I would pray as if I was within a burning house or car! 

 This is really not all that hard to understand, because I truly believe that this was God's plan all along, so these men were really not able to have a conversation God in this moment, at least not within their current state of mind. Their hearts were hard, their minds were searching for ways to stop Jesus, and they were only thinking about themselves, their power, and their livelihood. 

 That is really a pretty tuff spot to be in, as I should know. Although, I pretty much was willing to give up on all of that, I am trusting the God will watch over all that He has me to do, whatever that might end up being. This morning I felt God telling me to hand out Bibles. How that works into the big picture, I guess we will wait and see. 

 As for my challenge to correct my financial giving, so far God is making all things work out; at least no one has complained too much, as of yet. I have been writing down every bit of money I get, and yesterday I ran out of room on the line of paper for each bit that I received. People that I did not expect to get paid from, paid me, even though they were not the responsible party to pay. 

 Our phones are ringing, and my mother-in-law is having a hard time finding times to schedule all of the appointments being requested for Inspections. Now, it is up to me, not to complain about being overworked and working 16 hours a day, like I usually do when things get busy! Thank God for all He does and pray for all your needs! Don't complain about anything! 

 Seriously! Do you know what you do when you complain about your situation or circumstance? In that very moment, you are taking your eyes off of the Lord...

"Now then, you kings, act wisely! Be warned, you rulers of the earth! Serve the LORD with reverent fear, and rejoice with trembling. Submit to God's royal Son, or he will become angry, and you will be destroyed in the midst of your activities - for his anger flares up in an instant. But what joy for all who take refuge in him!" (Psalm 2:10-12 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment