Saturday, December 17, 2022

"Just a Little Break" - Too

 "Jesus therefore walked no more openly among the Jews; but went thence unto a country near to the wilderness, into a city called Ephraim, and there continued with his disciples." (John 11:54 KJV) 

  "My servant grew up in the LORD'S presence like a tender green shoot, like a root in dry ground. There was nothing beautiful or majestic about his appearance, nothing to attract us to him. He was despised and rejected - a man or sorrows, acquainted with deepest grief. We turned our back on him and looked the other way. He was despised, and we did not care." (Isaiah 53:2-3 NLT)

 Having a little time to think about this, I am pretty sure Jesus was not fearful of what anyone might do to Him; but, if anything, He might have been fearful what He might do to them. Many think this place He went to was close to Bethlehem, the place of His birth. It was the place in which He was the most vulnerable, being just a little baby, lying in a crib.  

 One thing is for sure, His time was coming soon, but it was not yet time; therefore, He really had nothing to fear from man! He had known for a long-time what fate He would suffer and when; the day and hour of His death had been written down, recorded from before the earth was even created. Therefore, there was nothing that was going to be changing that specific hour.

 I have heard it said, the place where Abraham was going to sacrifice his son, Isaac, was the same place where Jesus was crucified on the cross. Also, that the threshing-floor where David bought it and offered sacrifice, it too was the same place where Christ would be crucified and where Abraham brought his son to be sacrificed. 

 Not sure what else to say, except this was a very special place! Everything that God does or allows to happen, it is all working towards His plan and purposes; nothing can change what God is going to make happen, absolutely nothing! 

 On a simpler note, a lot of what I might plan simply falls apart. My plans don't work, if they are not ordained by God and in line with His will. I wish that were something that I would remember to place first, instead of at the end of every plan I make; things would sure work out a whole lot better.

 That said, if there is one thing, I have learned from all of my mistakes, is that God turns our mistakes into opportunities for Him to make something good, for His will and purposes. It might not turn out so well for us, at least not in this lifetime; but the reward for all of that will be revealed in heaven.

 My best wish and hope, is that I will be there to see it...

"Moses was certainly faithful in God's house as a servant. His work was an illustration of the truths God would reveal later. But Christ, as the Son, is in charge of God's entire house. And we are God's house, if we keep our courage and remain confident in our hope in Christ. That is why the Holy Spirit says, "Today when you hear his voice, don't harden your hearts as Israel did when they tested me in the wilderness. There your ancestors tested and tried my patience, even though they saw my miracles for forty years. So I was angry with them, and I said, 'Their hearts always turn away from me. They refuse to do what I tell them.' So in my anger I took an oath: 'They will never enter my place of rest.'"" (Hebrews 3:5-11 NLT)  

No comments:

Post a Comment