Thursday, December 29, 2022

"Far More Exceeding"

 "Then said Jesus, Let her alone: against the day of my burying hath she kept this." (John 12:7 KJV)

  "Help me, O LORD my God! Save me because of your unfailing love. Let them see that this is your doing, that you yourself have done it LORD. Then let them curse me if they like, but you will bless me! When they attack me, they will be disgraced! But, I your servant, will go right on rejoicing! (Psalm 109:26-28 NLT)

 As I previously mentioned, rather briefly, there is a circular journey that I have dealt with, longer than I care to think about, with correction, then anticipation, and then, God's leading. Seemingly, it goes very well, and my balance is steady, with minor glitches from time to time; but then I almost always seem to establish a pattern of independence, almost as if I have a partnership with God, instead of being His obedient servant.

 I really don't know how else that I can put it, but that is the way I see things falling apart, again and again! Yes, we have the mind of Christ, to a certain degree; but we can still only see a very small piece of this amazingly complex puzzle. When God says, "My thoughts are not your thoughts, and my ways are not your ways," He is talking to us, His children! We can only imagine knowing what He is thinking; because if we really knew what might be waiting ahead, we might not choose to go! 

 Now, about this ointment: Jesus does not state how long see has been saving this ointment, but only that she had been saving it up for His burying. She would have had to be saving it for several years, adding a little at a time into that jar. She also probably didn't even know what it was that she was actually saving it for; maybe, she was just obsessed with that ointment, and just kept holding onto it, as if it would one day be worth quite a lot of money.

 Regardless of why or what she wanted it for, it was meant for this particular hour! She had must likely heard Jesus say, or heard someone repeat what He said, about being killed, buried, and then rising again, and she knew exactly why, right then, the time to use that ointment had come! For such a time as this! 

 Here is the deal, no matter what state of mind you are in, or where in your journey you might think you are right now: When God has started a work in you, He will complete it, one way or another! There is always the easy way, and then there is the hard way; but, which other way, God will always find a way! As soon as we think we have figured out His way, we think we can somehow control what it is He is doing, as if we know what He wants us to do next. That is a really bad idea, and it doesn't work! 

 If you don't think I know what I am talking about, then keep doing what you are doing, and see how that works out for you. I think I have figured out one thing, for sure: prayerfully and patiently do what you do! Don't think you have God's plan for you figured out! He might lead in one direction, just to get you to move into another, more exciting direction! 

 Listen carefully to what the Holy Spirit says, and don't think you understand it! Nine times out of ten, we have no clue what is going to happen, so don't try to make anything happen, just do want you are told to do, and then enjoy the ride...

"If you are wise and understand God's ways, prove it by living an honorable life, doing good works with the humility that comes from wisdom. But if you are bitterly jealous and there is selfish ambition in your heart, don't cover up the truth with boasting and lying. For jealousy and selfishness are not God's kind of wisdom. Such things are earthly, unspiritual, and demonic. For wherever there is jealousy and selfish ambition, there you will find disorder and evil of every kind." (James 3:13-16 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment