Friday, December 16, 2022

"Just a Little Break"

 "Jesus therefore walked no more openly among the Jews; but went thence unto a country near the wilderness, into a city called Ephraim, and there continued with his disciples." (John 11:54 KJV)

  "But Christ has rescued us from the curse pronounced by the law. When he hung on the cross, he took upon himself the curse for our wrongdoing. For it is written in the Scriptures, "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree."" (Galatians 3:13 NLT)

 I don't know about you, but I personally think that Jesus was feeling a little discouragement and just wanted to get away for a while, to charge His batteries and have a little sanity around Him. That's what I would do in His situation, just find a place to be left alone! 

 That is pretty much what I feel right now, but if I left, things probably wouldn't still be the same when I returned; and that's putting it mildly. Sometimes we just need to 'Put on our big-boy pants' and stay calm; stop worrying about things we cannot control, and focus upon the right things to do, prayerfully! 

 I really can't imagine what Jesus was feeling like, because He had just performed one of His greatest miracles, and in process, set the wheels in motion for His execution. Things like that just don't usually happen! You know He knew everything that they were saying and plotting, so it had to get a little bit under His skin. 

 By the way, I find myself moaning more and more lately. Just a thought, but maybe it might be time to get away. Better yet, why not just read my Bible and focus upon the Word; stop making this life distract me from what is most important, following Christ...

"So we have stopped evaluating others from a human point of view. At one time we thought of Christ merely from a human point of view. How differently we know him now! This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!" (2 Corinthians 5:16-17 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment