Saturday, December 31, 2022

"The Message!"

 "Much people of the Jews therefore knew that he was there: and they came not for Jesus' sake only, but that they might see Lazarus also, whom he had raised from the dead." (John 12:9 KJV) 

  "Human defiance only enhances your glory, for you use it as a weapon." (Psalm 76:10 NLT)

 As we are coming to the end of another year, it is always my heart's passion to look back on some of the things I should have done better, while looking forward to the things that I hope to do in the new year. The first thing on my agenda is to make some alterations to the bedroom in the Motorhome as my strength is really not what it used to be. 

 Just a few minor changes, like a lift system on a track across the ceiling, replacing the stationary bed with an adjustable bed, and moving the suction station from being mounted to the outside of the wardrobe closet, to the inside of the cabinet, so as to not be close to Marianne's head when the bed is raised up. Just a few little changes, but much needed, to say the least. 

 I believe that God has been leading me to do something since September of 2010, but I have neglected to do it, because I felt obligated to keep my business going, for as long as God would have me do so. It appears, as of late, He is telling me to go! I have asked several Pastor friends of mine to join me, but it wasn't really that exciting to any of them, so I think I must go on my own.

 My wife is on a Medi-Cal Waiver program, so my thought is to travel around the country for three weeks, and then spend one week at home; that way she won't lose her benefits. I believe that God has told me to be a champion for companionship to my generation. They say, 600,000 of us a year will be retiring for the next ten years, so what better way to minister to them, then out on the road. 

 Maybe it doesn't seem like such a big deal, but my situation is one that shows pretty much the worse side of the sickness side of the wedding vows. We must not abandon our spouse when they need us the most! Unlike some would have it, a lack of companionship is more than a state of mind, it is a passion of the heart! 

 Anything that is bad, God can make something good come from it, just you watch! Don't look at the terrible things that might be happening, thinking about how the world is getting worse; instead, look at the good that God is doing in the church! More people on focusing on prayer, reading their Bibles, and sharing about what God is doing in their lives. 

 The most important thing in this world is the condition of the church! Be about the Father's business...

"Then those who feared the LORD spoke with each other, and the LORD listened to what they said. In his presence, a scroll of remembrance was written to record the names of those who feared him and always thought about the honor of his name." (Malachi 3:16 NLT) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment