Tuesday, December 13, 2022

"Being Prompted"

 "And this spake he not of himself: but being the high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;" (John 11:51 KJV)

  "When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely. Three things will last forever - faith, hope, and love - and the greatest of these is love." (1 Corinthians 13:11-13NLT)

 To be perfectly clear, this year which John is referring to, is that which the whole world was longing for, most of which, did not even know what time that they were living in! This was the curse upon that serpent in garden, where God said, "And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel." (Genesis 3:15 KJV)

 Let me tell you, with experience and having failed, time and time again: when God prompts you to do something, you need to pay attention to what He says, and you must do it! When you do not, you regret not doing it, and your countenance is somewhat weakened, and you lose something that you should have gained. 

 Not that God will not restore you and give you another chance, because He is faithful to complete the work in you that He started, one way or another! It is really best for us to seek and work towards the one way, because another might be so much harder and painful...

"I once thought these things were valuable, but now I consider them worthless because of what Christ has done." (Philippians 3:7 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment