Thursday, June 30, 2022

"The Time is Now"

 "I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work." (John 9:4 KJV)

  ""For the dead cannot praise you; they cannot raise their voices in praise. Those who go down to the grave can no longer hope in your faithfulness. Only the living can praise you as I do today. Each generation tells of your faithfulness to the next."" (Isaiah 38:18-19 NLT)

 Yes, I know, that post yesterday was a little weird and stranger than most; but this current culture, as weird as it might be, is starting to influence the church. More and more, I keep hearing about another church that is hoisting the rainbow flag up their flagpole, as if they need to represent and concur with this new pride in sinfulness. As I mentioned before, Sodom was not destroyed because they had sinners doing what they did; it was destroyed because it was approved of, as if it was glorious and right. 

 Anywho; Pastor Bryan mentioned something in church Sunday, it had to do with the lame man that Peter and John healed on the steps going into the Temple. That man, like this blind man, was lame from birth, which means that he was most likely there at the Temple begging for alms when Jesus was still healing people, before His death on the cross. If Jesus saw that man, why didn't He heal him? 

 If you even have wondered why God allows certain things to happen, thinking things like, 'Why would God allow this or that? God's timing is always on time! This little Scripture above from Isaiah, is part of the poem of praise that Hezekiah wrote, after God healed him from his sickness and added fifteen more years to his life. 

 If you know that story, and if you have been following this weird blog from the beginning, then you might remember that post about God's perfect will. Truth be told, God's will is always perfect! He never is wrong and always knows how and when to do everything that He does. 

 Another lesson, that which I have learned, is based upon the Book of Ruth. When I did the teaching on the Book of Ruth, I mentioned that our mistakes were God's opportunities; but to be perfectly clear: God's opportunities are planned upon our mistakes... 

""Come to me with your ears wide open. Listen, and you will find life. I will make an everlasting covenant with you. I will give you the unfailing love I promised to David. See how I used him to display my power among the peoples. I made him a leader among the nations. You also will command nations you do not know, and peoples unknown to you will come running to obey, because I, the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, have made you glorious" Seek the LORD while you can find him. Call on him now while he is near. Let the wicked change their ways and banish every thought of doing wrong. Let them turn to the LORD that he may have mercy on them. Yes, turn to our God, for he will forgive generously." (Isaiah 55:3-7 NLT) 

No comments:

Post a Comment