Thursday, June 9, 2022

"The Utmost"

 "And I seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeketh and judgeth." (John 8:50 KJV)

  "But I am deaf to all their threats. I am silent before them as one who cannot speak. I choose to hear nothing, and I make no reply. For I am waiting for you, O LORD. You must answer for me, O LORD my God." (Psalm 38:13-15 NLT)

 As most of those who know who Jesus was, as He dwelt upon this earth, He had the power and ability to do things no mortal man could. He calmed the sea, cursed unfruitful trees, raised the dead to life, healed the blind, as John states at the end of his Gospel, "And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written."  

 I suppose, if He wanted to, He could have simply raised His hand, and all those who dishonored Him with their voices would become mute and unable to speak! But that is not what He did, even though it was possible for Him to do that and more! Instead, He made Himself humble; taking the place of a servant, and being obedient to the Father. 

 As I watched "God's Not Dead" last night, for about the tenth time, I was reminded about how Josh shows the video of Light coming into existence, with the entire universe flashing into existence; and who he quotes someone who said, "I can only imagine that was what it looked like when God said, "Let there be light!" 

 Who much do you believe in God? I don't mean to sarcastic or facetious, but I can only think of all the times I forget about God's ability to do anything, and I get worried about nothing! That is really not a sin, or so I assume. Just because we have doubt, from time to time, does not mean that we do not have faith.

 First and foremost, we must remember that we are only human! We don't get to see everything that God sees; and we surely don't know even a measurable amount of what He knows. If we have any sort of doubt, it is really just because we are mostly in the dark about so many things. We are like the blind, trying to navigate through uncharted areas, seemingly thinking we know the way, but finding a ledge, not knowing the depth, wondering if it is too deep, and if it is, if God is willing to catch us...

""LORD, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. Remind me that my days are numbered - how fleeting my life is. You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand. My entire lifetime is just a moment to you; at best, each of us is but a breath."" (Psalm 39:4-5 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment