Saturday, June 11, 2022

"Immortality"

 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death." (John 8:51 KJV)

  "Then, when our dying bodies have been transformed into bodies that will never die, this Scripture will be fulfilled: "Death is swallowed up in victory. "O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?"" (1 Corinthians 15:54-55 NLT)

 Can you feel this reality in your life? Or are you afraid to die? Do you have a fear of death? Those are just a few questions that I think some don't want to think about; but they should be easy enough to answer. It is really what this New Life is all about, a life which is promised, surely to happen, just as Jesus said! 

 My only fear is that I would not be here to take care of my wife. But then again, I am pretty sure that I would not even realize she that she was still here on her own, as it will not be like this, a life that is based upon time. What a change that will be, not having to check what time it is and think about what I should be doing.

 By the way, I did sleep in today, if anyone was wondering why this post might be up an hour or so later than usual. My dog is pretty confused, but he seems to still be resting as he waits for me to finish this post. I wonder if they get to go with us? I have heard that question asked, from time to time; but I have never heard anyone say that it will surely happen. 

 This much I know, that God was very concerned about all of the animals that died during the flood. He said it over and over: "All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in dry land, died." So it must have been pretty hard on Him to see it happen. Which was most likely what Genesis 6:6 was all about! 

 Believe! That is the best advise I can offer. We must believe... 

"The LORD says, "I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name. When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them. I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation."" (Psalm 91:14-16 NLT)  

No comments:

Post a Comment