Wednesday, June 15, 2022

"The Real Deal"

 "Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:" (John 8:54 KJV)

   "The king proclaims the LORD'S decree: "The LORD said to me, 'You are my son. Today I have become your Father. Only ask, and I will give you the nations as your inheritance, the whole earth as your possession. You will break them with an iron rod and smash them like clay pots.'"" (Psalm 2:7-9 NLT)

 I know that there are two lines of thought for the whole mustard seed thing, as to whether or not it is able to become a tree, or whether or not it bears fruit, or if it has branches strong enough to allow birds to come and take refuge on them. But, have you considered it is possible to be all of the above, depending upon if and how much that seed is planted in Jesus Christ? 

 Jesus gives reference to 'the Kingdom of Heaven is like!' Which, as much as I know, from everything that I have understood, this world and the Kingdom of Heaven are not on the same plane. Last I checked, there is a pretty big difference between God's ways and our ways! Oddly enough, we need to struggle in order to get things done; God just needs to whisper the command, and it is taken care of; end of story! 

 If you are in sales, then you know when the wind is at your back, and when you are facing a headwind! It doesn't matter how hard you try, if the Lord is not blessing your business, you are fighting a battle that you cannot win! But, if He is blessing you, then you can hardly keep up with the blessings; everywhere that you turn, you are being handed something and you start running out of room to store it! 

 Basically, that is my take on this, as to whether we honor God or ourselves; if we honor ourself, then the honor is nothing; but if we honor God, then the honor is everything...

"It's not good to eat too much honey, and it's not good to seek honors for yourself." (Proverbs 25:27 NLT)  

No comments:

Post a Comment