Monday, June 27, 2022

"Making Butterflies"

 "And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?" (John 9:2 KJV)

  ""Oh, why give light to those in misery, and life to those who are bitter? They long for death, and it won't come. They search for death more eagerly than for hidden treasure. They're filled with joy when they finally die, and rejoice when they find the grave. Why is life given to those with no future, those God has surrounded with difficulties?"" (Job 3:20-23 NLT)

 This is pretty much the real deal; as it is, if you are dealing with tragedy or with something devastating in your life, people assume that you are being punished or disciplined for some kind of sin in your life. I think this might be something that hits pretty close to home! 

 As I have stated before, this might be hard, but it is never miserable! There are days when I feel cursed, wondering those same things that Job expresses; and then, there are most days, when I feel abundantly blessed! What makes me feel blessed, you might ask? Because I know that God loves me and wants me to experience His love by caring for my wife! 

 That is not something neither one of us asked for, but it is what we have been given. When God gives you something to do, no matter how hard it might seem from time to time, you do it to the best of your ability. And, when you feel as though you can't do it, for whatever reason you might come up with, then you ask God to help you and give you the strength you need! 

 I have given this quite a lot of thought, so nothing that anyone might say can change my mind. This is to the very end, no matter how long it might take; God is the one that says when it is over, not me...

"We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed. Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies." (2 Corinthians 4:8-10 NLT)  

No comments:

Post a Comment