Saturday, June 4, 2022

"Repulsion"

"And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not." (John 8:45 KJV)

  "Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?" (Galatians 4:16 KJV)

 I pictured what it was like to try and connect two magnets together, when they did not want to be, as they were forced apart. That is the definition of repulsion. In the spiritual world, it is completely that; truth and a lie cannot connect together, no matter how hard you try, they will move away from each other. 

 Oh, it might be forced into close proximity, with the appearance of being together, but there is no way that the two can totally connect, as they are naturally forced apart and repel each other. The above two verses are very similar to each other, as Jesus expresses the action and Paul expresses the cause; both situations involve that repulsion away from the truth. 

 If ever I get into a conversation with someone about certain topics that involve either of the two topics near and dear to my heart, I stand a pretty good chance of making an enemy with someone or having them totally quit talking to me. 

 The first of those topics, is the reason I enjoy going to Calvary Chapel fellowships, which is because, for the most part, they most all go through the Bible, line upon line, precept upon precept. You would not believe the reaction I get from people when I tell them why I believe it is important for us to learn from the Bible in that manor. End of conversation, would be the polite response; saying, "Well I don't see it that way!", would be the blunt response.

 The other of those topics, is the role of the husband in a marriage. Somehow, it just does not seem to break the barrier, no matter how hard I try, there is nothing I can say that will convince any man that he is responsible to provide the love in the marriage relationship. This type of conversation never really goes very far at all...

"So be careful how you live. Don't live like fools, but like those who are wise. Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days. Don't act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do. Don't be drunk with wine, because that will ruin your life. Instead, be filled with the Holy Spirit, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves, and making music to the Lord in your hearts. And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. And further, submit to one another out of reverence for Christ." (Ephesians 5:15-21 NLT)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment