Tuesday, June 21, 2022

"In Your Face!"

 "Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am." (John 8:58 KJV)

  ""The LORD formed me from the beginning, before he created anything else. I was appointed in ages past, at the very first, before the earth began. I was born before the oceans were created, before the springs bubbled forth their waters. Before the mountains were formed, before the hills, I was born - before he had made the earth and fields and the first handfuls of soil. I was there when he established the heavens, when he drew the horizon on the oceans. I was there when he set the clouds above, and he established springs deep in the earth. I was there when he set the limits of the seas, so they would not spread beyond their boundaries. And when he marked off the earth's foundations, I was the architect at his side. I was his constant delight, rejoicing always in his presence. And how happy I was with the world he created; how I rejoiced with the human family!"" (Proverbs 8:22-31 NLT) 

 I get it, there are some sceptics who will say, 'Solomon is speaking of wisdom, not Christ.' I also know, by experience, that there are many who claim to be followers of Jesus Christ, but do not believe that He is God. For all of you, if that's you: You are missing a very big piece of the puzzle! 

 Without getting too far outside the norm, let me just say, Abraham did see Jesus, and Jesus did see Abraham! As a matter of fact, they spoke together, broke bread together, and even negotiated things of great substance together! If you don't believe it, then look it up for yourself. The Bible does not lie! 

 From the very first day of my new life in Christ, I have made this the primary reason for following Jesus; not only that He is God, as if that were not enough; but that God, in any form or fashion, would place Himself on a cross, and be crucified for my sins! Even then, that He was a man, born into this world, as a little baby; that just makes the story so much more exciting and meaningful! 

 That is why Isaih was given these words: "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:6 KJV) 

 Those words were given for proof of who Jesus is, was, and always will be: He is God! But, then again, there are many people who will not believe it because they cannot accept it...

"Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not." (Isaiah 53:1-3 KJV) 

No comments:

Post a Comment